SD Card question

maybeshewill

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Hey everyone, heading overseas soon and need a few new SD cards so I have plenty of storage. I will be able to back up my photos once every 2-3 days I'd imagine.

Would these be a good card to use?

eBay Australia: Buy new & used fashion, electronics & home d

I was thinking of getting 2-3 of them. I shoot with a 600D currently (in RAW), and will be shooting landscape photography mainly, as well as 1080p video. I will be upgrading to a 5D Mark II soon, so they must be suitable for that also.

Thanks!

Kingston makes first class memory. I've used it (and Sandisk) for years with zero problems. As long as the vendor is reliable I wouldn't be afraid of it at all.

What camera are you shooting with? Technically if you stoot raw on 15_ mp camera, that speed might be a bit low for lots of bursts.

Yes I use it with a 600D currently, but will be upgrading to a 5D Mark II sometime within the next few months, so I hope for it to work for my intended purposes with that too.

If not, please impart any knowledge you may have in regards to a more suitable card that doesn't cost much more :)

Please don't cut corners on your memory. You pay for a good camera and good lenses, do the same with your memory.

Many vendors offer a lifetime warranty however there are two schools of thought on that. One side burns in their memory and weeds out the memory that fails the burn-in. They seldom have to honor the warranty. The other side doesn't burn-in their memory and lets the customers find the bad ones. They honor their warranty but have to do so much more often. Memory has gotten very, very reliable over recent years but there are still failures on occasion.

I've been using Kingston memory in computers for many years with absolutely zero failures. Not just my personal computers, I've been in IT since the mid 80's so it has been in a lot of them. I tried some "Just as good as Kingston" memory once and it failed in a week. Never again.

I've been using SanDisk and Kingston exclusively in my cameras for the past 4 years and also have had zero failures. I plan to see just how long I can go with zero failures so I will stick with Kingston and SanDisk exclusively in my cameras. I'm sure there are others just as good, but I KNOW that these two are good and I'll stick with them. I admit it, I'm a memory snob.

I definitely agree, I'd rather stick to well known and trusted brands, hence why I've linked a Kingston SD card.

I'm just fairly uneducated in the differences between SD cards features and hoping that this card I linked would serve well with a 600D/5D Mark II for both photography and 1080p video.

I definitely agree, I'd rather stick to well known and trusted brands, hence why I've linked a Kingston SD card.

I'm just fairly uneducated in the differences between SD cards features and hoping that this card I linked would serve well with a 600D/5D Mark II for both photography and 1080p video.
I feel that it would serve quite well. I use Class 10 SDHC in my D7000 with no problems whatsoever, however I don't shoot video and that might be a different story. Sorry, I don't know anything about Canon gear so I don't even know if the model you have and are planning to get have video capabilities so that might be a concern for you. For the price I don't think you could go wrong in the short run though.

Your comment about price is what caught me. So many people will spend a lot of money on a good camera and then throw the cheapest memory then can get into it. When the inevitable problems begin they then wonder what could possibly be causing them. I'm a firm believer in buying the most reliable memory I can get even if I have to pay a bit more for it. In my opinion the peace of mind is worth it.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back