..:: Sea Landscapes at Sunset ::..

Mersad

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
mersad-photography.blogspot.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I took a trip recently to Drvenik, Croatia, and took some sea landscapes. In the first, you'll see a fire burning in the distance on an island. I thought it added some drama to the image. You can see a bit of the smoke in the second shot. I love the sharp stones in the third one in comparison with the seawater clashing at them. Hopefully you'll like them as well.

1. A Dramatic Turn
img9941r.jpg

2. Take a Swim

img9965sm.jpg

3. Symbiosis

img9973o.jpg

I think your subjects should be more obvious/present.

What settings did you use?
The lens barreling is a little distracting in the first picture, the vignetting also too strong.

I like the 3rd and 4th pictures best as it is not "layer-caked" Like the first one. Just one layer atop the other, it melds.

Thank you all for your comments. I think some of the critique is more personal style then anything else. Layered landscapes are nothing new. I actually got the idea from some photography literature I was reading. It's not always about two layers, though simple works sometimes best. Again, It's personal taste. As far as a clear subject goes, I think there is one in every image, but also that a landscape doesn't really have to provide one.

Most reactions

Back