Searching for a tripod...

Narodenia

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I am in desperate need of a tripod. I have been searching around for awhile on what brand and model to get, problem is im on a pretty tight budget. I cant afford to buy a 200 dollar tripod, hell I cant even afford a 100 dollar tripod. I am really looking for something in the 40~50 range... which I know is extremely low. I understand that something this cheap inst going to be good quality or last long. All I ask is that its sturdy enough to handle my camera and lasts at least a year or so. I am also trying to find used tripods that are better quality, but have unsuccessful in finding any... Any help would be appreciated!

Last edited:
Since you don't list your location, I don't know if 'sites such as Craig's List are available to you, but if it is, that's where I'd start. I picked up a set of Manfrotto 055 legs for $60 last year (understanding that's over your stated budget, just an illustration to the kind of savings you can find). If however you're not able to find a really, really good deal, I would strongly advise against buying some cheap POS - there's nothing worse than that feeling that you get when you see your best body & lens start to topple... Consider renting or borrowing while you save a little more?

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Here a quote from another thread. Looks like this may be exactly what you're after.

....Buy the $45 Dolica Proline and you'll be completely happy. I own it and it's more than enough for your requirements.
If i bought that would I have to buy a different head? If so what would you suggest.

Are they really? Thats incredibly cheap. Theres not much information on it either... do you know how much weight it supports?

Since you don't list your location, I don't know if 'sites such as Craig's List are available to you, but if it is, that's where I'd start. I picked up a set of Manfrotto 055 legs for $60 last year (understanding that's over your stated budget, just an illustration to the kind of savings you can find). If however you're not able to find a really, really good deal, I would strongly advise against buying some cheap POS - there's nothing worse than that feeling that you get when you see your best body & lens start to topple... Consider renting or borrowing while you save a little more?
Already checked Craigslist and could find anything really.

As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Nope. I was fortunate enough to be able to purchase a Manfrotto straight away.

Are they really? Thats incredibly cheap. Theres not much information on it either... do you know how much weight it supports?
I have my dad's that is probably close to 60 years old. I have used it with 35mm, now also my T3i, and years ago with a shoulder-hold VHS cassette camera. If you look at the beefier ones (with a counterweight spring on the head), those things are built like a tank. My 35mm capable one is very sturdy, and I love the swivel head that locks both axis with the one handle. I love them...

I have my dad's that is probably close to 60 years old. I have used it with 35mm, now also my T3i, and years ago with a shoulder-hold VHS cassette camera. If you look at the beefier ones (with a counterweight spring on the head), those things are built like a tank. My 35mm capable one is very sturdy, and I love the swivel head that locks both axis with the one handle. I love them...
I'm sure that was an expensive tripod at the time.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back