Season finale - 2017 HS Football.

Oh man, so tempting.
I just checked the Nikon 70-200 f/2.8 used lens, and they are close to the price of a new f/4 lens. hmmmm
You just messed up my plans for my next lens.

Oh man, so tempting.
I just checked the Nikon 70-200 f/2.8 used lens, and they are close to the price of a new f/4 lens. hmmmm

Not messed up, just gave you options. Used 2.8 glass can be better than new 4.0 glass.

Oh man, so tempting.

Not messed up, just gave you options. Used 2.8 glass can be better than new 4.0 glass.

Yes, the price of the used 2.8 lens makes it VERY tempting.
Decisions, decisions.

Ron,
I tried the 80-200 f/2.8 on the monopod tonight at the soccer game on a Canon T7i crop body.
I used it for half a game. I shot the first half with my 18-140, to make sure I had something. Then I shot the 2nd half with the 80-200.
  • The 80mm end was too long for the crop camera when the players came close to me, even backed away from the sideline. OK, I'm spoiled by the 18-140. A 24-120 on a FX body would work.
  • Pivoting the setup to track a player was difficult, as I had to pivot around the monopod. I suppose tracking gets easier the more one uses the monopod setup. I'll have to try it a few more times, to see if I can get the hang of using a monopod to track moving players.
  • The monopod did make it easier to work the zoom ring without twisting the camera.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back