Seattle Aquarium

Jaymz77

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Well, I had a 'minni' vacation to Seattle this last couple of days and we visited the Seattle Aquarium and I had my hand in trying to capture a good shot through glass and glare.. but these are a couple I really liked.. any c&c would be appreciated :mrgreen:

fish_01jpg.jpg

seal_01.jpg

I quite like the first shot. The glass looks to have a lot of dirt that you couldn't have done anything about and it would be a tedious job to process completely. Possible, but tedious. The thing that really catches my eye though, is the fish on the right. With that many fish you pretty much have to accept that some will be chopped out over the frame, and in this case it can add to the effect of motion, but the chop just seems to be in the wrong place. The fish is only just over the edge, which gives (me at least) the impression of a slightly late snap. I'd suggest trying a variation of crops to find something that works best.

I quite like the first shot. The glass looks to have a lot of dirt that you couldn't have done anything about and it would be a tedious job to process completely. Possible, but tedious. The thing that really catches my eye though, is the fish on the right. With that many fish you pretty much have to accept that some will be chopped out over the frame, and in this case it can add to the effect of motion, but the chop just seems to be in the wrong place. The fish is only just over the edge, which gives (me at least) the impression of a slightly late snap. I'd suggest trying a variation of crops to find something that works best.

Thanks Tricky.. I wasn't even going to post these since being in an Aquarium with glass and low light rarely makes for a good photo. I agree with the crop, although this isn't cropped, just a late snap ;)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back