Second Beach

squirl033

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
went out to La Push on the Washington coast yesterday to shoot sunset at Second Beach, which is a relatively unspoiled beach popular with photographers. there were only a dozen or so people there, and by sundown, there were only 4, who stuck around to shoot the sunset. the sunset itself was almost boring - aside from the sun setting through the "hole in the wall", there wasn't much to recommend it, and the other three photographers disappeared right after the sun did. their loss! i hung around, the only person on the beach, for another 30-45 minutes, watching the colors in the sky... the best colors almost always appear well after the sun actually sets, it's amazing how many people still haven't figured that out! anyway, here are a few from my trip... 5D and Tammy 24-135, various settings...

IMG_8397smcopy2__copy_filtered.jpg

IMG_8322smcopy2__copy_filtered.jpg

IMG_8610sm.jpg

IMG_8638smrdx_filtered-1.jpg

I think the haze is hurting the first 2. The last one is outstanding - composition and exposure.

I absolutely love the footprints on the first one, although i find the composition distracting. I would split that in two different photos - top and bottom half!

The last one is great, but composition and lighting (darker and some negative space on the left) make me expect the frame to pan to the right to reveal the "complete" picture.

I made this to make it clear, it is how i see the light in the last photo (this is in addition to intensity rising towards the right).

In a landscape, this makes me think that the "complete" shot is just out of sight towards the right.

The third one is my favorite. Lovely.

I like the composition on the third one..

The footprints are a nice idea, but they don't really lead anywhere....... water....island...?.. so the scene is too busy from bottom to top for the viewer. Perhaps it would have worked better in landscape profile.

I think the light and time of day are very important to these shots and the 1st one would be even more power full withe that sunset glow and the sillohettes and the prints dissappearing into th water will be even more ambiguous. Great spot to shoot.

Most reactions

Back