TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.around395.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Must be spring time in the desert :D

61084087-L.jpg

Ok... I don't like this shot. I fell in one of these things in high school... looooong time ago, running down a hill in Cali. Landed on 2 of them in the same postion you captured these in, and let me tell ya, your butt will swell up like a air ballon... well not that big. If I'm not mistaken, the torns are like 4" long. Makes you itch for days and, and, and I fell on my butt, friend pulled me up and the torns stayed on the plant... ouch for days and scratch for day.

But it is a cool shot and made me laugh when I saw it. Ok I'm done here, next.

lol m@ko :lol:

This is so wierd tho... It reminds me of a sculpture project i did when i was at art college, it was a pod shape... like those eggs from 'Aliens'... and had steel nails pointing outwards all over it..(just like your pic).... and the centre was slighly open and i hung a tamagotchi inside it (remeber them...the little pets on keyrings)... and it was all done up like a solid metal object... and i called it security!
This pic looks like an organic version of it.... cool :thumbup:

:biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh:

Too funny Mako!!!
I mean...ouch! :lol: Sorry I can't help it. I know it had to hurt, cause these things were huge! Like you said about 4" long!

Thanks guys. It was pouring rain out and I just happened to notice something red out of the corner of my eye. So I grabbed my raincoat to cover up the camera. When I got out of the truck and started walking towards it, I noticed lots of them, all over. From a distance they were dark red, but up close they were pink. They had some type of white, cotton looking stuff coming out of the top center? I'm gonna go back and check em out now that the rain has stopped.

Oh yea Archangel, I remembered them keyrings! My brother had one of them and used to crack me over the head with that dam thing... hated it!

Waiting on your next set woodsac, I do the love color combo and it has some very interesting abstract potential to it, how about some macro shots :lol:

M @ k o said:
Oh yea Archangel, I remembered them keyrings! My brother had one of them and used to crack me over the head with that dam thing... hated it!

Waiting on your next set woodsac, I do the love color combo and it has some very interesting abstract potential to it, how about some macro shots :lol:
Boy...talk about adding salt to a wound :lmao: You're gonna have bad dreams tonight.
I'll get the tripod and extension tubes out to shoot one of those long a$$ needles just for you!

Ouch....

Great shot as always Woody.

another nice shot, woods, barrel cactus can definitely do some damage - i also had a run-in with one as a kid... OUCH.

Love the shot..actually cactus is one of my favorite fauna..can you call it a flower? hmmm not sure, but I love the spikes, had one in my foot once..like M@ko said..ouch!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back