Selective Color (brass)

To give more control over the black and white portions of the image, use a new channel mixer layer over the top of the background. Click the grayscale checkbox and adjust accordingly. Once you're satisfied with the black and white, press OK and select the layer mask on the new channel mixer layer and black out the area you want to be in color.

Would have been pretty cool if you could have gotten an empty shell casing flying through the air and colored it.

Tried that today. A friend of mine was giving a carbine class, so I showed up and shot some photos.

I had the camera set to shutter speed priority, and set the shutter at 1/1000, and that still wasn't fast enough. I didn't get any tack sharp brass flying. This one was the closest...

al3small.jpg

Now one has to ask...at what point does it get to be too much?

al4small.jpg

i think i like the second to the last one... the colored shell casing only one almost looks sorta like the casing was pasted in in photoshop or somethin, cool picture

Yup. Remington 700 VS (Varmint Synthetic). His is chambered for .223 and had the barrel knocked back to 20"

This is mine (a real M40 - more or less) :D God has deemed any serious rifle must be of a caliber that begins with a "3." (Only other gun owners will find the humor in that)

m40.jpg

You should change your motto to anything starting with a 3 or higher as serious.

Any rifle that can shoot through helicopter cockpit glass is deemed "serious" in my book.

And no kidding about hard to get sharp brass. Here is a shot of my brother taking care of a little semi auto fun, got 3 brass. 2 are obvious, the third is hard to see because the sleeve of his jacket is the background as it was freshly ejected.

3brass.jpg

from the distance I was at these are sharp. 1/1250 second, f/4.5, ISO 100 @ 80mm

Most reactions

New Topics

Back