selective coloring--first try C&C please

You're on a forum and that's the way it is. Get over it. Does your response help the op any more than his?

As far as this not being a grammar class you are right. But are you telling us that only on forums you don't bother with good English? Guess what. When I see response like yours I usually skip them. When I go to a website with bad English, I click away. Hand me a 5 page contract without a capital and I'll give it right back to you and find a photographer who can write English.

So, this may not be a grammar class, but bad grammar and bad language overall is never going to help you because most people still know how to write.

I agree with you 150%.. if someone handed me a contract with poor grammar, spelling and punctuation, I would laugh at them.. this forum is not a contract, its just a bunch of goof balls wanting to learn more about photography... 90% of the time, posts aren't well thought through, they are quick responses, think like "I like it" or "I think that looks great".

I know that while, yes, I usually do pay attention to my grammar on here, I could care less if other people did... I mean, if the whole post was done in l33k speak or something, clearly, I would ignore it.. but I'm not going to ignore someone because they used i, instead of I..

Last edited:
I 150% agree with you.. if someone handed me a contract with poor grammar, spelling and punctuation, I would laugh at them.. this forum is not a contract though, its just a bunch of goof balls wanting to learn more about photography... 90% of the time, posts aren't well thought through, they are quick responses. I know that while, yes, I usually do pay attention to my grammar on here, I could care less if other people did... I mean, if the whole post was done in l33k speak or something, clearly, I would ignore it.. but I'm not going to ignore someone because they used i, instead of I..

Yes, I understand, why should you care to use correct English for goofballs? Especially for those 90% of posts (is that your posts?) that have not been given much thought. They are pretty useless anyway so who cares about the language.

Yes, I understand, why should you care to use correct English for goofballs? Especially for those 90% of posts (is that your posts?) that have not been given much thought. They are pretty useless anyway so who cares about the language.

I'm glad we are on the same page...

as if you took offense to me calling people goof balls.. its a joke.. im done with this thread

to the op, I think your selective coloring test was well done, you need to work more on it, but, as a first time try, I think you did ok.. keep working at it.

Last edited:
grammar-nazi.jpg

:lmao:

Call me whatever you want but I'm not the one getting skipped over because of bad language.

The last time I checked the point of language is communication. When someone's language (not really you case, yet) is so bad that people won't read him, there is no communication.

If that does not bother you, that is just fine. Personally, I like being understood.

Hmmm
"selective colouring" is not new - and probably not that fashionable these days... But you probly thought you were the very first person to try this...
Not a particularly good effort...
Lens distortion is too obvious...
The girl looks like she is in a goldfish bowl...
Don't show the model this... It is not that flattering...
Jedo

Wow...your a bitter man you know that. Your probably mad because your wife is ugly or something. That model is my girlfriend. And I was just playing around.
Thankyou TheNikonGuy for helping me out on this. But like I said I didn't think selective coloring was "hip" or "cool" or new or I was the first person to do it. There has been alot on this board lately and I figured I would give it a try. I don't know what your problem is.
Honestly, Your just unhappy with your own life thats why you come and say stuff like this. Constructive criticism is different. I want tips to help me get better not a person completely burning my thread. So I hope you enjoyed disrespecting me and my thread ;)

It shows a lack of caring about what your posting. I always do my best to use proper grammar, spelling, punctuation, etc.

Sorry, but you left yourself wide open for the grammar nazi there :lmao:

Hmmm
"selective colouring" is not new - and probably not that fashionable these days... But you probly thought you were the very first person to try this...
Not a particularly good effort...
Lens distortion is too obvious...
The girl looks like she is in a goldfish bowl...
Don't show the model this... It is not that flattering...
Jedo

Wow...your a bitter man you know that. Your probably mad because your wife is ugly or something. That model is my girlfriend. And I was just playing around.
Thankyou TheNikonGuy for helping me out on this. But like I said I didn't think selective coloring was "hip" or "cool" or new or I was the first person to do it. There has been alot on this board lately and I figured I would give it a try. I don't know what your problem is.
Honestly, Your just unhappy with your own life thats why you come and say stuff like this. Constructive criticism is different. I want tips to help me get better not a person completely burning my thread. So I hope you enjoyed disrespecting me and my thread ;)

No disrespect was intended to you or your model.
No... my wife isn't ugly... Nor did I make any comments about your model...
As I said - "not a particularly good effort..."
Foremost is the lens distortion that really does make your attractive model look like she is in a goldfish bowl... very unflattering for her... This factor alone ruins the image (If you are going to do PP work on an image - at least make it a decent one...) Remedy: Don't get too close to your model with a wide lens...
Next I will draw your (and other's - esp TheNikonGuy's) attention to your poor and careless selection of the background/model...
Look at your poor separation here...
$Crop1.jpg
and here...
$Crop2.jpg
and here...
$Crop3.jpg

Don't you think you should have taken more care than you have here...?

Now, if you are going to submit your images to a public photographic forum with an expectation for other members to comment, then you should make sure that your work is at least of an acceptable standard...
You should NOT expect experienced photographers to give you a pat on the back when you post substandard images...
As for your assertion that I'm unhappy with my life...
Completely the opposite... I have a well-paid professional career... I have a side-line photography business: 2 beautiful grand-children, 2 fully equipped 4-wheel drive vehicles - complete with HF short-wave radios, a 23 foot caravan (new), a 5 metre sports boat, more than $15,000 of professional woodworking machines, over $5k of computing equipment... I'm H.A.P.P.Y...
Constructive Criticism:
You were too near to the model with your wide-angle lens - step back.
Work on your composition - don't overdo 'tilt' and look at how you pose your model...
Find the light...
Don't PP/Enhance an image unless it is already 'great'...
Take much more care in PP-ing...
Jedo

Oh man, I haven't been on a forum with grammar nazis, people saying they are done with a thread, people saying someone else is internet ugly and has no life.

Ahhh... time to pull out some retro posting pictures!
(and thanks Tharms for one to add to my list)

grammar6fb.jpg

Most reactions

Back