Self conscious photographer

It's a cycle, but it works both ways. A lot of times not being fully confident in what you're doing leads you to be self-conscious, which negatively impacts your performance, which causes you to be even more self conscious, which....

That's the bad news. THe good news is it works in reverse too. If one day things just sorta go right, the next time you're even more confident, you're less self conscious, you then do an even better job. It may sound silly or stupid, but when I'm out there and those thoughts even begin to creep in, I just think to the best day I've ever had with photography, I think of a picture that made a mother cry in a good way, I sorta think "hey, I can be pretty awesome at this if I just get out of my own way and do what i know how to do and am confident about." Then one or two visualized images that I took that I really loved and a thought of 'F yeah, that was a f'ing awesome shot.' and I'm good to go. Thats just what I do at least when I start to feel myself getting in a negative cycle about my work.

Oh, for Christ's sake. I didn't say he had a damn disorder. I said it SOUNDS LIKE and EVEN IF IT ISN'T... THese techniques will help... It's the friggin techniques he needs.

Even planting the "sounds a bit like" is usually enough to start anyone wondering if there is a problem, especially if they aren't sure themselves as to why the feel the way they do. Here are a list of the possible symptoms, how did you even get "sounds a bit like" from what the Op said?

• Frequent temper tantrums
  • Excessive arguing with adults
  • Often questioning rules
  • Active defiance and refusal to comply with adult requests and rules
  • Deliberate attempts to annoy or upset people
  • Blaming others for his or her mistakes or misbehavior
  • Often being touchy or easily annoyed by others
  • Frequent anger and resentment
  • Mean and hateful talking when upset
  • Spiteful attitude and revenge seeking

Alright, that's it! Imagemaker46 and MleeK, you will both need to hand over all of your gear to me until you can stop the banter with one another! Yes, Imagemaker46, that includes the lens you are holding in your profile picture too!

imagemaker46 said:
Even planting the "sounds a bit like" is usually enough to start anyone wondering if there is a problem, especially if they aren't sure themselves as to why the feel the way they do. Here are a list of the possible symptoms, how did you even get "sounds a bit like" from what the Op said?

[*]Frequent temper tantrums
[*]Excessive arguing with adults
[*]Often questioning rules
[*]Active defiance and refusal to comply with adult requests and rules
[*]Deliberate attempts to annoy or upset people
[*]Blaming others for his or her mistakes or misbehavior
[*]Often being touchy or easily annoyed by others
[*]Frequent anger and resentment
[*]Mean and hateful talking when upset
[*]Spiteful attitude and revenge seeking

If you really go by that list... Seems like a lot of people on this forum fit more than a few of those symptoms. Maybe we ALL have it... Must be something in the water.

No one is 100% normal, everyone has some sort of disorder. Even the fact that everyone compares themselves to some idealized notion of what normal should be is a disorder of it's own.

imagemaker46 said:

[*]Frequent temper tantrums
[*]Excessive arguing with adults
[*]Often questioning rules
[*]Active defiance and refusal to comply with adult requests and rules
[*]Deliberate attempts to annoy or upset people
[*]Blaming others for his or her mistakes or misbehavior
[*]Often being touchy or easily annoyed by others
[*]Frequent anger and resentment
[*]Mean and hateful talking when upset
[*]Spiteful attitude and revenge seeking

If you really go by that list... Seems like a lot of people on this forum fit more than a few of those symptoms. Maybe we ALL have it... Must be something in the water.

Quite true. I'll take the "attempts to annoy and easily annoyed by others"

This kid has a terrible disorder - it's called being 17.

Maybe I am alone on here but I remember being pretty emotionally f'ed up when I was 17. It will pass.

Alright, that's it! Imagemaker46 and MleeK, you will both need to hand over all of your gear to me until you can stop the banter with one another! Yes, Imagemaker46, that includes the lens you are holding in your profile picture too!

You are gorgeous when you're angry....:hug::

You are too funny, but I have no more time to be on the forum. I have to get to the gym and work on my bicep curls before I recieve that lens from imagemaker46. I am not sure I will be able to carry it.

You are too funny, but I have no more time to be on the forum. I have to get to the gym and work on my bicep curls before I recieve that lens from imagemaker46. I am not sure I will be able to carry it.

Probably and that's the short lens.

I think that is the answer to the OP's question! Always respond with this....."Probably, and that's the short lens." After you respond with that, give them a wink and walk away. Problem solved. Next thread please.

I think that is the answer to the OP's question! Always respond with this....."Probably, and that's the short lens." After you respond with that, give them a wink and walk away. Problem solved. Next thread please.
Yeah, that should certainly help with self-esteem issues! :lol:

Anyone else notice the kid has not responded back? Why yall have to scare everyone new?

Most reactions

New Topics

Back