"self help" -- for C&C

Vautrin

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Website
www.withoutamapphotography.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
done for a friend's "self help" seminar flyers.

would love any suggestions on how to make this better (or copycats) :wink::

$photomerge1000 (1 of 1).jpg

This was REALLY easy:

1. Take 2 photos with same background
2. Photomerge photos
3. Select sitting chris from bottom photo and copy as layer into top photo
4. Erase little bits to make it look better (e.g. erase top photo around chris to expose shadow
5. merge into a big photo, apply sharpening, autotone, etc.

that's it :) I kind of feel the lighting was a little different (his shirts aren't the same black) so maybe there's some other things I could have done, but it was a fun quick fix :)

There is double of the right chair arm...the shadow on the standing subjects right leg as it goes towards the bottom you can tell the shadow is wrong, and is rounded...also the sitting subjects right arm has white glow around forearm where blending was a little sloppy, but I love the concept, and for quick fun, an alright job.

Aside from the double chair arm.....

The shadows are actually tripping me out. They are so sharp and close that they make me think there is a wierd ghost image throughout.

Second, I didn't realize it was the same individual until it was mentioned. If you can reshoot, include more of the sitting figure's face - closer to a mirror image of the view.

That's my thought anyway.

I wouldnt increate the exposure.. Now it looks like they're on a green screen with a white background.. I'd clone out the shadows using other sections of the wall.

Waayyyy to bright, you shouldn't need sunglasses to read a pamphlet. Try for some softer lighting.

I'll try editing this later.

I did a similar shot a few months back as a self portrait.. here's what mine looked like. I used a mirror as well (obviously).

$7977214766_0d64601b79_b.jpg

Most reactions

Back