Self portrait for C and C

hayleyfraser24

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Website
hayleyfraserphotography.co.uk
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I was in one of my creative moods and wanted to test out my sb600 flash so I did a self portrait.. it started out with a green wig and lolly pop, I realy wanted to do something fun and a bit cheeky! I ended up loving the black and white conversion though. I have a bit of a stupid expression and had to try and do a bit of re touching on the old double chin! .. the over processing is up purpose though. Let me know what you think, id love to hear thoughts on this!

sour lolly
520editposter.jpg

I really don't mind this at all, it has a good "out there" feel to it that works for me. It wouldn't work in colour, but wouldn't mind seeing the original image.

I really like the concept here, but I'd like to see the processing dialed back just enough to get a little more detail in the hair.

I think it is a cool art. I would print it.

If u cud remove the black bg, it wud have been a high key portrait.....While portraing self, the expressions are at ur choice however a good portrait with lollipop.

Thanks for all the comments... I was a bit reluctant to post the original but here it is and also another 2 edits... missed focus on the eyes a bit on the other shot though. I get that when doing a self portrait you choose your own expression but its very hard when you dont see what you look like.. it doesnt quite turn out the way you invisioned! Also it was a very cheap wig as you can tell by the original! I must look seem like a narsissist posting all these pictures of myself but trust me im not.. it would be a better shot with a better looking model I think!

1 toned back
520-1.jpg

2 very high key
4121.jpg

3 original

520.jpg

Last edited:

Most reactions

Back