Self Portrait... (not inspired by erose)

mrpink

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Figured it was time for a self portrait. Here is what I came away with, it is pretty much SOOC (slight crop and cloned out a zipper pull on my chest that was very reflective)

S_P1BB by Matt Francosky, on Flickr

CC welcomed, but no edits w/o permission.

p!nK

I expected more pink. :p

Nice shot! I'm guessing you used a reflector to light your face - was it just one strobe though?

Nice shot! I'm guessing you used a reflector to light your face - was it just one strobe though?

Two strobes, one reflector.

Did it 100% by myself, really learned a lot more than I expected doing it this way. Highly recommended.

p!nK

It's not as easy as you'd think.. at least that's what I concluded after trying.

Looks pretty good. I like the backlighting.

Did it 100% by myself, really learned a lot more than I expected doing it this way. Highly recommended.

p!nK

Great shot!!
It looks like you had 1 strobe placed behind you and the reflector placed to the front right of the photograph, (first of all, am I wrong so far?) but where was the 2nd strobe placed?

p!nK

Great shot!!
It looks like you had 1 strobe placed behind you and the reflector placed to the front right of the photograph, (first of all, am I wrong so far?) but where was the 2nd strobe placed?
Wait, was the 2nd strobe placed to the rear right of the photograph and that was the main strobe for the reflector?

great pic.. i love the mood you reflect..

p!nK

Great shot!!
Wait, was the 2nd strobe placed to the rear right of the photograph and that was the main strobe for the reflector?

here is a photo of my setup, sorry about the cluttered basement, my motorcycle is taken apart on the other side so I had to do this back in the "storage" area for space:

DSC_9968 by Matt Francosky, on Flickr

One strobe, fired bare behind me for a rim light. Main light was from another fired through an umbrella. I held the reflector for some fill on the dark side. All ambient light was blocked.

I also used a couple pieces of cream colored masking tape.

mwc.... The polo emblem was intentional.

p!nK

Very nice work pink!!! I have to try more, it's not as easy as it seems but it's kinda fun! Doing this as soon as the little on is in bed.
Blue

Edited one more. Kinda liked Dom's rough edit in the "Guy Thread". Went along those lines, but not as far. Also did some LR painting for mwc.....

S_P3ww by Matt Francosky, on Flickr

Also, the settings for all of these were 1/200, f/11, ISO200. Shot RAW with a D90 17-55 2.8 glass.

p!nK

Very nice Matt. I love it. And in this one the polo doesn't bug me. I think in the first because it was directly on top of your eye which for some reason distracts me. Here its better somehow maybe since its off center. Dunno but I love it. :thumbup:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back