Self Portrait

vipgraphx

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I was working printing shirts and I had to clean out some screens. I use a 3m mask so I don't breath in chemicals. I thought I would give strobing another try but I wanted a dark feel to it. This is a self portrait.

Shot RAW with a 50mm 1.8g, 1/60s, F1.8, -3.0EV processed in photoshop and nik color effex. The flash was set off to the lower left with the soft diffuser on and I used the warm filter that came with my flash and covered my on camera flash so I got a different effect.

portait by VIPGraphX, on Flickr

CC welcome...still no pro at strobing what so ever but I think it is fun to mess with. not exactly the look I was going for but similar. I think with more practice I may be able to accomplish a softer light.

I dont know. my first impression is that it is to dark and that I would like to see more detail around the eyes. BUT, more I look at it the more I like the lighting. the jury is still out for me, but either way, nice work! practice makes perfect! (except with photographers, there is no such thing as perfect....always something else that could be done better/different)

looks like a good picture. I agree on the light though, I want more detail but keep the darkness ;)

I like the idea behind this. It's mysterious, but I do think that the exposure could be bumped just a hair. Perhaps if you had your exposure comp to -2EV.

Where did you place the light when you shot the photo? It looks like it was low camera left.

Thanks for feedback. Tyler tou correct, the light was low camera left about 3ft-4ft away, good eyes. I tried it in a few different spots but this one came out To more of my liking.

I like it a lot..  I think the darkness is perfect.  Really goes with the style.:thumbup:

I think it looks pretty good. I wonder how it would have looked with a bit more direct light with a snoot directing the light just on the eyes.

Great idea, but could do with a boost of brightness. Also, try to clone out the 3M logo which is taking all my attention away from the rest of the pic.

My first thought was I expected you to yell "COME OVER HERE" and throw a spear at me.

Most reactions

Back