self portrait: the edge of the sea at the onset of depression

deadjoe

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
heres me, 2 weeks down the line of going cold turkey from anti-depressants, oooooh today is hell
roon

me.jpg

me2.jpg

Nice pics. I think the first one is really good actually! and I like the stylised, CD cover look of the second one.

Good job, I like the uneasy feeling the odd angle in the second shot gives. Just curious, are the head phones symbolic or did you just happen to be wearing them?

AIRIC said:
Good job capturing the mood. I have always used photography as an antidepressant so I hope it works for you.

Eric

:thumbup:

pursuer said:
Good job, I like the uneasy feeling the odd angle in the second shot gives. Just curious, are the head phones symbolic or did you just happen to be wearing them?

my ipod is the most important thing in my life, oxygen doesnt stand a chance!
they are not symbolic in the picture they are just a permanent addition to my head.

roon

p.s i was listening to antony and the johnsons

good tonic music, i listen to mine all the time i'm working on my pc, but would'nt think you'd appreciate "the smiths", these pics are good, they really portray the title, chin up joe!

dalebe said:
but would'nt think you'd appreciate "the smiths"

i AM the smiths ;-)

you can see what music i listen to here: http://www.audioscrobbler.com/user/deadjoe

i may focus on getting more self portraits, these were just taken today as i had a bit of a breakdown, what you can't see from these shots is that i was actually crying at the time! i always try and stay behind the camera, i ain't the prettiest flower in the bunch but self portraits are "where it's at"...

roon

:) Awesome job. Props for taking them when you felt so totally vulnerable, and even more for posting these. They have a great feel to them. Hope you continue to improve. Music and photography....great antidepressants. :thumbup:

what a great variety of music, i like anything from heavy metal, to would you believe classical,i used to work on the door of a local nightclub, and worked with a lot of good bands such as: "manic street preachers", "james","stone roses", "happy mondays", and lots of others. But hey joe! i had someone very near to me with depression, she is as right as rain now, so keep listening to that great music, and posting those cool photos :wink:

Nice work on the second! The tilt of the horizon really adds to it a lot :) Great mood that you've presented in both images.

Well done for capturing your mood so well. IMO the first one works best because you are looking up into the camera rather then down onto it as in the second. The angle of the second almost makes it look like you are sulking! ;)

Nice work

S

good job, joe...congrats, and keep going..your doing great...
one day, when your all past this... these pic's will mean the world to you.
now you can be hooked on photos... (in arkansas, we r hook'd on fonic's )
;-> ... love the second one, myself...

Most reactions

New Topics

Back