Self-portrait "Washing Up"

About Atvs: The movement I think your referring to is a shadow, and believe it or not I actually tried to dirty the tiles up a little in post, I guess I could have gone a little more however

So it is! I see the same projection from the faucet on the other end of the tub. I'm on my home computer now so I can actually see the water and other dark areas. Very cool.

I sure hope you re-do this. The concept is exceptional, and the composition is very good already. :thumbup:

you know if i was no knowledgeable about softboxes i would not notice it at all, in fact i almost think of it as florescent lighting in something like say, a hospital? or something of that matter, it almost adds to it i say.

Great shot. The only two things I'd critique are the movement on the bottom of the filter of the mask (easily removed in PS) and perhaps remove the shower curtains and the blinds in the window to give more of a Holocaustic or psychotic effect. Also, the tiles are a bit too clean for the effect I think you're trying for.

Well done!

I agree it is a great shot, but I disagree about removing the curtain and the window etc. To me, it gives the photo more impact to have those everyday, common items in such a disturbing and disorienting portrait. It makes me have more questions, and having more questions is a GOOD THING! :)

Re: the softbox reflection. I noticed it right away and knew what it was. But I think a viewer who is not a photographer or knowledgeable about photography related items may just assume it is a room light reflected. As teneighty said, it may actually be a benefit to the photo rather than a fault.

Fantastic job on this one!

yeah I wanted to leave the curtains and window in there to show that it was just a normal setting and not some sort of institution

Most reactions

New Topics

Back