Self Portrait with darker background

did I say anything about blown? Put a color picker on the brightest highlight in image #3. Put another on the brightest in image #2.

You'll end up with 243 230 224 vs. 209 196 190. IE. healthy, live-flesh colored vs. gray zombie colored.

did I say anything about blown?

No but your use of specular vs highlight or diffused reflection had me confused which is why I started by saying that. I tend to think of specularity as an uncontrolled reflection which by nature are blown. No offense was intended, merely clarification.

did I say anything about blown?

No but your use of specular vs highlight or diffused reflection had me confused which is why I started by saying that. I tend to think of specularity as an uncontrolled reflection which by nature are blown. No offense was intended, merely clarification.

Semantics, pedantry, correct definitions, misinterpretations of terms, all difficult to discuss rapidly and fluidly in an online forum context. Let me say this: selfies are HARD to do well, when one cannot get exact, real-time viewfinder feedback. The eyeglass refraction is relatively easy to correct by moving the lens a few inches, but if one cannot SEE this issue before the shutter is tripped...one gets unwanted eyeglass issues.

did I say anything about blown? Put a color picker on the brightest highlight in image #3. Put another on the brightest in image #2.

You'll end up with 243 230 224 vs. 209 196 190. IE. healthy, live-flesh colored vs. gray zombie colored.

Damn, I could have been with the white walker and had a great time fighting in GOT!!!:distracted:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back