TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Canon 24-70L
F 5.6 ISO 400 1/160sec.
580ex ii shot thru a cheetah qbox24 @ 1/32 power

953977036_87Vvi-XL.jpg

Thanks guys, I'm pretty stoked to learn how to use this gear....UPS has been to my house several times this week =)

this was shot on a white backdrop

Last edited:
I would've liked a bit more light on your eye, especially since you are using split lighting. Other than that I like it =]

Not too shabby. I'd like to see just a little hint of a cheek or eyeball on the dark side...anything....just a whisker's worth of detail on the dark side could really make this shot come alive for me.

I'm always excited for people who have the UPS truck arriving--that means excitement,new gear, new possibilities, and a lower bank balance. All good things for the US economy and for photo buffs!

really good shot. love the detail.

curious how you set up - and how you guys are getting self portraits. I'm assuming a timer or remote release, but what about focus - how did you get such crisp focus? Was there someone else behind the camera? Or is there a way to do this I'm not aware of? Thanks!

dozier,

I set the lens to manual focus, set the camera on a 10 sec timer. I do have a remote release but dont really use it often. i took a few test shots getting the focus right, but it wasnt really that hard.

Here is another edit with more detail on my left side.

954730920_uTSdS-XL.jpg

Ahhh....detail! It gives the eye a bit more to look at, and adds an aura of mystery! I prefer this edit, with the small amount of detail added on the dark side.

Ahhh....detail! It gives the eye a bit more to look at, and adds an aura of mystery! I prefer this edit, with the small amount of detail added on the dark side.

+1 the key to split lighting is having just enough detail to tease the viewer!

Thanks guys...really appreciate your input :thumbup:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back