Self Portrait

milkshake

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Hey all, I might introduce myself firsst. My names Justin, im 15 and live in Australia.
This is a self portrait i took of myself. i used 2 desk lamps as lighting, a tripod, self timer, and a mirror.
I forget the settings i used. It was shot with Kodak Max 400. COnverted to B&W in ps. Tripod, camera and anything else that was surrounding me was clone stamped out in ps.
Please just a general critique.
OTE

SelfPortrait2Large.jpg

It needs more contrast, it's very grey. Play around with the levels so you have some highlights. I like it though although some will comment on the arm coming from nowhere, it doesn't bother me.

I think I'd crop out a lot of the excess darkness on the top half and maybe even some off the right side as well...

Hey everybody, thanks for the comments. I played with the levels a bit in photoshop, cropped it some and boosted the contrast about 3.I also clone stamped out a bit of my arm. Please feel free to do a crop you think would look good, or do anything to the photo.

SelfPortrait2cropLarge.jpg

thankyou.

i'd say retake it with a lower iso film for a longer exposure and nicer contrast. it doesn't have any true whites, just greys. photoshop can only do so much, i mean you don't want it looking fake. you could always use something like a 3200 or 6400 film. or if you're using digital then set er up on a tripod and shoot away. either way i think it needs to be reshot, love the idea though man!
keep shooting.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back