Self Portrait

hokies2379

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Was done for no other reason than testing out 2 new lights that came in.

Actually relatively happy with the result.

042A4177.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using ThePhotoForum.com mobile app

I find this a very dramatic and theatrical portrait. Selfies are extremely difficult especially when studio lighting is involved. Unless you have done an awful lot of studio lighting,it is very easy to let one of the lights create unwanted highlights in certain areas. For example, the very bright nose rimlight that you have --- I am not especially fond of that, but it is not too bad.

A studio shot done as a selfie is a very difficult thing to do with some light set- ups, and I think you did OK here, although not perfect, I think it is dramatic and theatrical

I find this a very dramatic and theatrical portrait. Selfies are extremely difficult especially when studio lighting is involved. Unless you have done an awful lot of studio lighting,it is very easy to let one of the lights create unwanted highlights in certain areas. For example, the very bright nose rimlight that you have --- I am not especially fond of that, but it is not too bad.

A studio shot done as a selfie is a very difficult thing to do with some light set- ups, and I think you did OK here, although not perfect, I think it is dramatic and theatrical

Thank ton Derrell. You’re right on the nose. If this were a client shoot, I’d have seen that while tethered and made the minor adjustment. But you make me happy because dramatic is EXACTLY What I was going for.

Thank you very much.

Sent from my iPhone using ThePhotoForum.com mobile app

Yes it's so difficult when you're sitting in the subject chair and you can not see 100 percent what your lighting is doing. It's one heck of a lot easier to be behind the camera instead of shooting selfies.

Nice one!!!!!!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back