Self-Portrait

immski

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Here is a self portrait of myself I took today. This is my first time attempting this selective coloring technique. I think it turned out ok though. please comment freely. thanks

86893570-M.jpg

Peace

I like selective colouring if used in moderation, but I honestly think that the flowers take up too much of the frame for the selective colouring to work in this shot.
Also your pose, while not bad doesnt do you any favours - the wrinkles in your neck are distracting - well to me anyway.

:)

Thanks for the comments. I think they are both good. I do, however, feel that the flowers are not taking up too much room. I do see your concern and believe it to be something to watch out for. I was told by my uncle that it looked as though my ear was that of an elf so i fixed it I think. tell me what you think. thanks again keep them coming!!!!:mrgreen:

oops! forgot something.
86913910-M.jpg

Oh I see what you mean about the elf ears thing. Well if you look close enough on the first version, you can't really tell unless you have a wild imagination and you like elves lol. I guess the second version is a little better though.

A couple of things. You seem to have a blueish tone, not sure if it's intentional, but it would look better straight-up B&W. A little levels adjustments would help on the B&W layer, making the darks darker and bright a tad brighter. Lastly consider darken and desaturating the flowers just a bit for a more subtle effect.

But these are more post-processing things, the execution was good.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back