Self Portrait

Great idea!

Think about cloning out the power-outlet, and if you really want to get surrealistic you can place another image of you and have it repeat in the frames. You could either do that in PS or really put them in there for the shoot to get the slight DOF difference.

If you do it in PS, use the image of you cut from the mirror.

Oh, and recompose so that the camera is out of the shot.

Great shot. The camera is distracting though. & I like IF's idea.

Thanks guys...
The distractions for me are the power outlet, the end table sticking out and the couch.. and maybe that photo frame on the table (haven't gotten the chance yet to hang it).
I'm tossed between including the camera in the frame or not.
Either way I'll be doing more attempts these days and try to do something without any 'cut and paste'.

Thanks again for the feedback.

I like the table a LOT. It adds a touch of domesticity, a certain accessibilty and normalcy to something that could potentially go off in a different direction. I prefer environmental portraits over straight-forward head-shots and isolated imagery though.

I prefer environmental portraits over straight-forward head-shots and isolated imagery though.
Likewise here, unless it's a la Chuck Close or similar to the flickr link that was posted in another thread.

Hang on ........ there used to be hair................ :scratch: !?!?!?
I know the man, I know the mirror (see avatar) --- but that man once had hair, I am just sure! And now????

Oh noooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!
gaah.gif

You would not DARE ...

... or else..........: :spank::whip:

(His hair is just FALLING out all by itself, anyway, and it took me a long, long time to pursuade him to get that ugly comb-over taken away by the hairdresser and have some short hairs up their on his bald crown instead! OK, still today he gets :madmad: at me when I call what he likes to have a "comb-over", he says it was just an "ordinary part on the side" ... for WHAT, I ask you ... erm: him.)

For the past several months I pretended that I did not have a receding hairline until recently it became so prominent.
This was my perfect solution. It's like a rebirth. :)

I had Corinna's reaction! :stun:

I like this....I think I like it even more remembering the original shot like this.

Kinda like a 'that was then, this is now' thing.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back