Selling Nikon D3 with a lot of extras

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd buy it but I have all my money tied up in this Nigerian Prince.

Thats hilarious. I actually know someone who got tangled up in one of their scams. Tragic but hilarious, as it was so blatantly a scam from the get go.

Paypal says they give your protection on their website. Let me ask you this, have your ever made a claim that you were ripped off for $4,000 to paypal? Let me assure you, they dont just say "oh, ok, well here is your $4,000 back, have a nice day"

Paypal can be fickle about their "protection".
I ONLY do business on Ebay using paypal for both buying AND selling, and my wife uses paypal for selling on Etsy.
having said that, on ebay, paypal holds your funds until the item is verified as delivered, and you have the option of starting a claim BEFORE paypal releases the sellers funds...meaning they cant just take your money and run. for local pickup transactions, its a lot trickier since you are just sending a paypal payment with no way to prove you did or did not get the item. filing a claim becomes difficult.

in this situation, the best way to handle this transaction is this...go see the camera in person, if everything is OK, give the friend that has the camera cash for it. the friend can paypal the money to the owner in norway. (or mail it or whatever) since the friend is trusted enough to hold the actual gear, i would assume they are trusted enough to send the funds if paid in cash. this way, no payment is made until the buyer has the gear in hand and has verified its condition. everyone can go home happy.

in all honesty, this would be the only way that I would feel comfortable buying this gear, and there really shouldn't be any issues. like I said, if you trust your friend to hold your expensive camera gear, you should trust them to send you the money. if not, that would definitely be a red flag for me.
either way, good luck with the sale. it looks like a really good deal.

If you ship first I will buy it.

Also why can't someone meet at a Starbucks see the gear then do the Paypal transfer?

Sorry seller but odds are against you on this one.

I actually have a business trip here in the future to Stavanger, maybe we can meet up?

if you're trying to defend yourself, at least post a picture

Why are we repeating ourselves? I told you already, if someone wants to go to SF and get it from my friend there, thats all fine and good. I said so 3 times already, and still you nag me over the same issue. Try reading what I write before you respond, yes?

Also, I already said I am waiting for the pictures. Things take time unfortunately, and I cant do magic. Besides, I am not really interested in defending myself any more to you. Had enough of your accusations and arguments. I understand that it may seem a bit dodgy since I am actually not in the US, but in Europe, but I am pretty sure that wouldnt have mattered one bit. Its like you are obsessed with tagging me with criminal actions without any proof to the case.

Its with cases like this I can only wonder how people can even start selling stuff these days. On Ebay (with no feedback, people can still manage to sell), ads all over the net (and people can still sell). You guys are the most paranoid bunch I have ever encountered, with lots of excuses here and there. And you cant even read properly.

But I will say it again then, for the last time. If you can go to San Francisco, I will arrange for a pickup there. NO PROBLEM. If you CANNOT go to San Francisco, send payment through Paypal (which, even if someone claims otherwise, have FULL PAYMENT PROTECTION, which I myself has used a few times) and I will have it shipped to you. How hard is that? If you are interested and want the bundle, its your choice. Back where I come from, we dont even USE "proof pictures" to ads. People tend to "trust" in things like Paypal and a couple other nifty little payment services that makes scamming harder than its worth.

I have been a photographer for many years, and this profession reeks of people that cant trust a soul for some reason. When I bought my car, I bought it from a seller that wanted his cash up front (I paid around 5k for it) as he had some issues with people not paying before (came to him and tried to take the car without any payment, signed documents and so on). I paid him through Paypal actually, and he was happy. I go the car about a week later. Perhaps Norwegians are more trustworthy than americans, i dont know.

But anyway, bottom line is, if you dont like it, dont buy it. I dont care less. I will sell it, no matter what you guys think or say. Already I have 12 people sending messages that they want it. First one to pay will get it, or first one to ARRANGE with me to meet up with my friend Christopher in San Francisco will get it. First come first serve. Brian on the other hand will not be able to buy it, he called me a scammer, and I dont like him very much. Someone else is fine, no problem.

So lets kill the scammer debate once and for all with this now. You are barking up the wrong tree. But I am sorry that I didnt "secure" pictures before I left the US. Didnt know people would be so paranoid. Its new to me to be honest. And another thing. If you get scammed, contact your cradit card company, and they will chargeback the transfer. Thats a 100% backup in case everything else fails. They will do that no matter what Paypal or anyone else say.

I actually have a business trip here in the future to Stavanger, maybe we can meet up?

It would be my genuine pleasure to meet up with you. Ill come to Stavanger any day of the year, no problem (I myself stay around 3 hours away from Stavanger, about midway from stavanger to oslo).

Paypal says they give your protection on their website. Let me ask you this, have your ever made a claim that you were ripped off for $4,000 to paypal? Let me assure you, they dont just say "oh, ok, well here is your $4,000 back, have a nice day"

Well, I was ripped off for $2800, from a bastard in TN, off of this very Buy/Sell forum. It took two months worth of fighting with PayPal (my CC company did most of the fighting, thankfully) but I got every penny of it back.

I know exactly where the little **** lives too, where he goes to school, where he works. The wonders of Google. Takes a lot of self control to not take a road trip to Martin, Tennessee. :lmao:

And..... Sorry to briefly hijack your thread OP. All this to say that PayPal will support the buyer in a scam, even if they take some convincing.

OP- PS: Don't stick around after you sell this stuff.

Well isnt it OBVIOUS?........You are converting to Canon! lmao

I'm just messin with you, stick around, so we can hear about your seemless sale from another TPF member hopefully. Also so we can bust your balls a little more, you seem like some one whos balls are easy to bust.....you know what I mean.

Parker: Hahahahha... well, it came with the new job, and the new Canons are really nice as well.

Btw, the bundle has now been sold. So its off the market.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back