selling prints?

Hey Ya'll-

I'm new here, but have been doing lots of reading. Anyway, i realized i can give some useful information here. So, I have put a few images up at http://www.theprintyard.com/ This site is kinda cool. You can put up as many of your images as you want at no cost. They get rated by users and the sites owners take the highest rated images and make high quality prints available for sale. The artists gets 50% of all sales on the prints! It is not just photos, but art in general. The photos i've seen up there so far are pretty good, and the ones for sale are well priced.

I was concerned about the copyright issue at first since they make you put up high resolution images so that they can make reproductions, but you do retain copyrights, and you do make a split of the profits. Which, for me, an unknown artist, if people like my work enough to get it floating to the top and purchases, that is excellent advertising for me! Anyway, the site seems kinda new, but it is well made and looks promising.

Hope that helps! Im gonna keep reading... or fall asleep reading.. whichever comes first. =)

Most reactions

Back