Selling with Adorama

edouble

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Does anybody have experience with selling your used equipment to Adorama?

They seem to have a robust program :
- you send them your equipment with prepaid shipping label they give you
- they appraise your equipment
- an appraiser calls you with a price that they will buy your equipment
- you either agree to the price or they ship it back to you

You can get an online quote. I just recieved one and the appraiser called next day with a very good offer on my equipment. No shipping involved.

Mark

Hmmm..a rep called me and said that they have to visually inspect my lens before they can offer a quote.

Hmmm..a rep called me and said that they have to visually inspect my lens before they can offer a quote.

We usually only offer an estimate prior to seeing an item - unless a unit is particularly sought after / in extremely short supply. A 'firm quote' following the visual appraisal.

With the free shipping (insured) offer, you really don't have anything to lose - but if you have any additional queries please don't hesitate to drop me an email, directly.

Helen Oster
Adorama Camera Customer Service Ambassador
[email protected]
http://helenoster.blogspot.com

Last edited:
Thanks HelenOster.

I need to decide if I will get more from selling on eBay or Adorama.

In all honesty, my offer from Adorama on my equipment was very good for being from a store. Depending on what you are trying to sell, you would probably get a better price from selling on Ebay, however. Either way, you will be getting a good deal.

Mark

In all honesty, my offer from Adorama on my equipment was very good for being from a store.

Delighted to hear it!

Depending on what you are trying to sell, you would probably get a better price from selling on Ebay, however.....

For sure - as we have to factor in our costs such as warehousing, cleaning & repair, staff costs, shipping & insurance for appraisal, advertising etc - AND the boss expects us to turn a profit!

BTW, the used department will usually consider a more generous offer if a part-exchange is involved.

Most reactions

Back