selling your photos

pianoman12

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Rochester NY (home of Eastman Kodak Company)
I take pictures around Keuka Lake in New York State. I was at a craft show there and I saw a girl with some pictures and she was in high school as well.
I was wondering where you should start when trying to sell photos. I know about matting and such but where do you go after that. Would I go to a few local stores that sell that kind of stuff and ask them if they would sell them? How should I split the earnings? 50/50? or should I go to the local photographic center. could someone help me?

Get a website going, print up some business cards, put together a portfolio, and make up a bunch of images on matte board. After that it's all about advertising. Go to coffee shops, art shops, framing shops, yada yada, and ask them if they would display your work with a business card next to it. Go to art fairs. Be imaginative. If anyone sees you taking shots and asks you what you are up to give em a card and direct them to your site.

Most art stores will have some sort of selling policy setup already so they can handle making money once you tell them how much you want for the print.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back