Semi-Rotation

woodsac

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.around395.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
First...I can't believe how many beautiful, wonderful, awesome photos have been posted since last night!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I spent the night (or most of it) in the back of my truck, and it was cold! Well it's a Yukon, so not as bad as a truck :mrgreen: I was out until 4 am trying my hand at some star trails. Anything that could have went wrong, did! The wind blew off and on all night...and they were "rock the truck" winds :grumpy: About every 30-45 minutes large groups of clouds would move in and cover the sky.

So this is the only decent shot I managed. It was my first time trying this so I learned a lot! This shot is a 1 hour exposure. It looks like maybe the truck moved a little, I'm not sure? I learned about shooting them, now I need to learn how to do the post work on them :p

54108669-L.jpg

Seems like your hours whiled away on the back of your truck, just you, your camera on tripod, and the stars, were very worth it, even if only this photo really came out.
But then, WHAT came out of it is wonderful. I have never tried this, so I am full of awe!!!

wow you really need patients for this!....well done mate its an awsome shot, kinda looks like earth has engaged warp drive! nicely done :thumbup:

Really neat shot man ! I love the streak of blue in the lower rt hand corner. Nicely done !

awesome Jake! i like the placement of the north star :thumbup:

with long exposures, digital gets grainy. even with NR on, anything over a few seconds you loose detail. let me know if you find a process to remove it effectively.

looking again....i love this shot!

Thanks all!

This is actually out in the middle of nowhere Ray. Trona Pinnacles. I've posted some shots of the place before. It's only about 20 miles away.

This was all trial and error JM :) With noise reduction on, you had better have mega patience. For a 30 minute exposure it took almost 30 minutes to write the image to the card! And that's with my Extreme III? Very frustrating! I also had to manually remove lots of little red digital 'hot spots'. There was probably about 20 in this shot?

Awsome, astrophotography :)

Nicely done, I have always wanted to try this but unfortunately my location is to saturated with light pollution. The exposure wou8ld probably be white after about 20 mins :(

It is hard to tell from the web sized version but most of the noise looks like it is in the blue channel, waht have you done so far for the post processing? I would love to take a crack at the full sized version :D
great work.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back