Semi-twisted, kind of crazy photoshoot! C&C? [semi-pic intensive]

Markw

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Website
www.outsidetherainbow.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Well, I had an idea on a photoshoot over the weekend and decided it was about time to do it. It wasn't supposed to be a horror/twisted shoot, but it quickly turned that way. Here are the results:

DSC_9896.jpg

DSC_9898.jpg

DSC_9909.jpg

DSC_9950.jpg

DSC_0001.jpg

DSC_0002.jpg

DSC_0076.jpg

DSC_0106.jpg

DSC_0090.jpg

DSC_0084.jpg

DSC_0111.jpg

DSC_9976.jpg

DSC_0164.jpg

DSC_0159.jpg

This was a very prolific photoshoot. I ended up with 72 "keepers"! So, this is only a portion. I have plenty more if youd like to see them.

Id love to hear some comments, etc!
Mark

Wow--those turned out GREAT Mark! I think 6,9,and 11 are spectacular! Nice lighting and background control. My question is--how the heck did this set make is through an entire day without being commented on?

Thank you Derrel! The set was 6x10' black and white muslins, two 160w/s strobes and one 75w/s backdrop light (for the white background).

Thank you for your kind words again. I was kind of starting to wonder if they were worse than I thought. I wish I could post more. Like I said, I came home with 72 keepers; a very nice day. It took some extreme restraint to not post more than I had here.

Thanks again! Looking forward to hearing more comments/critiques.
Mark

I really enjoyed 4,7,13,14. Although I think that the hammer may have been a little too much. I would like to see that same shot-minus hammer.

first few with white i thought were a bit to bright for the model. and then you switched to the black backdrop and i felt like it got allot more intresting and the way i saw it in my head. nice job.

Too many for detailed comments but I like # 5 and 6. Very nicely sick. #8 is also very nice.

Any of the ones showing wardrobe don't do anything for me as I find the clothes don't fit the photos. Not for me anyway.

I could have liked #2 and 12 but not the way they are shot. #2 I would have whitened her whole body (well, what of it is showing), turned down the light on her face quite a bit and really blasted light from behind but directed at her. For #12, dark background, whiten her body.

And a question about #11: is that a tattoo or did you paint her?

Thank you all again.
@Cloundwalker: That would have been a good idea with the lighting, but I don't see what whiting out the body would have done. IT would have made her a floating head in the white and I honestly don't think that would have worked out too well.
I agree with the wardrobe choice, but that was chosen to get the low-cut shirt so the shirt wasnt shown in the headshots. I only intended to do headshots, but the shoot very quickly turned sinister and the shirt showed in some of them. Not too big a deal, I think, though. It almost matches her face nicely. :)

Mark

Love the idea! I always like to see something different. I agree about the clothes but something about them also brings it back to normal for me (in a good way).

I only like the last one. The rest dont seem fitting especially after I saw her outfit. The floral print and jeans dont really jive with the joker makeup IMO. But the messy smear look in the last is nice.

As sick and twisted they may seem i do like them. The lighting i think i would have approached differently a bit by toning down the power on the main light i feel as if they are too bright for that wicked effect you where aiming for. But don't take that as that they are not good because they are great.

Most reactions

Back