Senior photos - need sone help/ideas please

What lenses do you have? On full frame my go to is 85mm f 1.8 or the 70-200 2.8 but there are others who can offer their perspectives on glass.

For me it is about lens selection. I never shoot flash. I probably don't have a lot to offer. My "portraits" are usually candids taken at various functions. So many variables.

I used the 16-80 f4. I had the 90mm and 60mm with me but didn’t use them. I needed the flash to counteract the full shade because of the time of day. I could easily have hand held and gotten a good exposure on her face but the backgrounds would have been blown out.

I used a goodox 600 covered with this portable beauty dish diffuser that I have that attaches to the flash. The flash unit attaches to my old tripod so I use it like a strobe on a light stand. I haven’t used the remote trigger attachment for the OCF much but it worked really well yesterday and the improvised light stand was light and easy to carry.

I’ll use the primes when we head to the beach and don’t have such tight quarters. Hope to post a few more and get some critique on the posing and processing. I’ll try the new c&c gallery.

Well this turned out just lovely, can't way to see the rest.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

Thank you! I don’t know how you all do it there’s so much to remember and worry about. We’re going to do the beach set next weekend. It’s too hot this weekend to have hair and makeup on at the beach.

Now I know why I never wanted to do portraits. Thank you for reaffirming that notion. Yours, however turned out great! I bet she is very happy.

This looks great. Maybe I’ll post my informal senior portrait attempts at some point. I am wildlife/landscape and no flash, diffusers, etc. I need to get editing......

I took them to a pro for the formals.

Here are a few (unretouched) images of a very sweet young girl who I know quite well and a boy that was my student and his photographer dropped out at the very last moment, so I offered to shoot his.

Links:

https://www.facebook.com/mark.lent.7/media_set?set=a.855965704481297&type=3

https://www.facebook.com/mark.lent.7/media_set?set=a.697769810300888&type=3

I am not much of a portrait photographer either, but maybe you can get an idea or two from these. Hope it helps and good luck shooting yours!

Mark

Most reactions

Back