senior portrait

lisa_13

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
this is just one from the senior shoot i had today. comments?

It appears to be nicely exposed. Is her skin really that smooth? Nice composition, but there is something unsettling about the eyes... maybe over sharpened or over dodged. I like the sun as your hair light. What did you do to counter the strong backlight?

I love her expression but I think the skin smoothing is way overdone, a bit too heavily processed, I bet you don't need all that ;)

Overall, a good one. However, like stated above, it's had too much skin smoothy to drink. It may be just me, but I am over the whole tilted subject.

It appears to be nicely exposed. Is her skin really that smooth? Nice composition, but there is something unsettling about the eyes... maybe over sharpened or over dodged. I like the sun as your hair light. What did you do to counter the strong backlight?

gold reflector to counter the backlight. eyes aren't sharpened at all, dodged just a tiny bit.

model wanted the super smooth skin look so that's what i did for her

gold reflector to counter the backlight. eyes aren't sharpened at all, dodged just a tiny bit.

model wanted the super smooth skin look so that's what i did for her

Good job, then... coming back a second time combined with your explanation gives it a new light. I missed saying the first time that I like how you have the whole figure in focus. The contrast in sharpness between the background and figure is working really well.

No cleavage showing....this is going to be a short thread.

To be on topic, did you offer a slightly more subdued smoothing job to compare the two? I'm a firm believer that when it comes to any endevour where you are being enlisted for a specific skill or expertise that you can't go 100% on what the customer thinks they want, but if she wants to look like Barbi........

Now that's funny, I don't care who you are....

Seriously, even if a client asked to have the smoothest skin possible, I wouldn't go this far with it. We are human, we have texture to our skin. This just looks .... I can't think of a word or phrase.... fake?

Too bad really, I love everything else about the image! You did a great job in my opinion, right up to the Portrait Pro effect... It's almost like a doll.

Can we see the original by chance?

Thanks for sharing,
Travis

Also, I'd like to add - The B&W conversion looks good. Nice contrast and separation from the BG

Ooops, Quote didn't work for me....

It looks like she is falling right out of the frame. The pattern on her shirt is also very odd--it almost looks like it is moving!! I dunno...her eyes look weird to me...and I just do not 'get' why she is positioned in the frame like that...

It looks like she is falling right out of the frame. The pattern on her shirt is also very odd--it almost looks like it is moving!! I dunno...her eyes look weird to me...and I just do not 'get' why she is positioned in the frame like that...

yeah, it weird, it seem like everything is off in the picture...

post the original please?

on the skin smoothing: she showed me her sister's senior portraits, asked for skin smoothing to be like that. that apparently is what is "in" these days, so that's what i did. she is paying me so i am giving her what she's asking for.

here is the original RAW photo
71lr43.jpg

To be on topic, did you offer a slightly more subdued smoothing job to compare the two? I'm a firm believer that when it comes to any endevour where you are being enlisted for a specific skill or expertise that you can't go 100% on what the customer thinks they want, but if she wants to look like Barbi........

I totally agree.

Now that I see the original, I cannot believe you did not sharpen her eyes at all in your edited version and only "dodged them a bit". They look heavily worked on. As does her skin, like everyone's said before me. I do see why she wanted you to do something "nice" to her skin, I perfectly understand that! But now she looks like she's wearing a plastic mask... I tend to smoothen blemishes in a way not even the photographed person will see I applied "post make-up" to their face, only so much they will think "Hey, I actually LIKE this photo of mine for a change, somehow I thought I had more pimples when she took it :scratch: !?"

\I cannot believe you did not sharpen her eyes at all in your edited version and only "dodged them a bit". They look heavily worked on. As does her skin, like everyone's said before me.

believe it, because i DID NOT sharpen the eyes. i wouldn't lie.

and for the 400th time, the client asked for the skin to be super smooth, showed me and example, and said "i want you to make my skin exactly like this."

Most reactions

New Topics

Back