Senior Portraits

genophotography

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.genophotography.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I thought I'd post some senior portraits I took this past October here. I'm relatively new to the senior portraits thing since most of my work has been weddings. But anyway, here they are:

GetImage.ashx
GetImage.ashx

GetImage.ashx

GetImage.ashx
GetImage.ashx

GetImage.ashx

GetImage.ashx
GetImage.ashx

GetImage.ashx

They're good as far as the technical posing and such... but I agree with Elsapet (from another of your posts) that the color lacks "luster" and is flat. I think they need more "boom" in the colors.

You definitely need some post processing work to bring out the colours and contrast.

However, the poses and technical aspects are pretty good.

Pretty girl doesn't hurt.

Yeah, I would agree. These photos are really good, but with some post processing they could be great. Nothing too demanding either. Some levels work and some color work is all.

She's a very pretty girl, but again the contrast is missing.
Technically though, I think they are pretty well done. :)

I naturally have problems with contrast. It is something I've been trying to work on though. Even in painting in college my prof noted that I tend to shy away from darks and tone down the contrast in my work. I will play around with these some more and repost some later.

Thanks for your comments!

Okay, I real quick edited the BW pic.

Before:

GetImage.ashx

After:
GetImage.ashx

I really don't know why the first image is "soft focus." It's not on my comp and i didn't sharpen anything in the second one. Must be something with the web hosting that I put the photos on.

In addition to editing the contrast overall. I played a bit with her eyes, trying to help them pop a bit more. Also I softened her skin a little bit to add to the "glamour."

The post production is inconsistent, the first two are (imo) too sharp, the rest are a little too soft. I agree, more saturation in the color would be great, sharpen the eyes, and keep it on location, they're stronger images.

Other than that, they're fine.

The post production is inconsistent, the first two are (imo) too sharp, the rest are a little too soft. I agree, more saturation in the color would be great, sharpen the eyes, and keep it on location, they're stronger images.

Other than that, they're fine.

As I stated in the before post, some of these are much softer focus than they were actually taken. I'm going to try resaving them and reposting them later. I honestly, don't know what happened in the transition between my comp and posting that made them so soft.

Here they are. Without the degraded focus.
GetImage.ashx

GetImage.ashx
GetImage.ashx

GetImage.ashx

GetImage.ashx
GetImage.ashx

GetImage.ashx

I do have to admit that for her skin i think they are too sharp. I think I will soften that some, but I love the hair and eyes being so sharp. It's easier to blur something in post production than it is to make it sharper.

Overall, they are excellent...well done.

As mentioned, there are some processing issues which may just be in the hosting and posting. The first set did look a little flat to me...but many of the new set look way over sharpened.

To increase the contrast, I would suggest a slight tweak using Curves (Photoshop). Bring down the shadows (lower left) a little bit and see if that doesn't help.

The one smack center is a winner.

Thank you so much! I adore that one too.
Overall, they are excellent...well done.

As mentioned, there are some processing issues which may just be in the hosting and posting. The first set did look a little flat to me...but many of the new set look way over sharpened.

To increase the contrast, I would suggest a slight tweak using Curves (Photoshop). Bring down the shadows (lower left) a little bit and see if that doesn't help.

I can see what you're saying about the focus. It is harsh. I'll play around with these some more. Thank you everyone again for your comments and advice. I will definitely try out your suggestions (though it might be a bit before I get them back on here).

Most reactions

Back