Senior Portraits

Nikon Fan

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Last week I had my first paying job doing some senior pics. It was my first time ever, and I'm pretty pleased with how they turned out. Here are three of my favs, I'm still editing lots of them so I may post later. Any comments and critiques appreciated. Oh and everything was done using natural lighting...

devon2.jpg

devon1.jpg

devon.jpg

the last one is the best in my opinion. nice job with these! you might try getting him to wear a shirt that doesnt have much graphics on it, and in this case it wasnt too distracting, so it worked out fine.

Looks good. Those photo sessions are about as tense as I want them to be. No weddings or anything like that for me, so I tried specializing in these for awhile last summer. They're actually pretty fun. :)

Is he a friend or someone who hired you?

In the first one, you cut off his foot.
The 2nd one is nice, but not jumping out at me.

I really like the 3rd one. Exposure looks spot on and the background is not distracting. This one is very good. Thanks for sharing.

He's a friend that hired me :) We've known him and his family for a long time, so they asked, and as much as I hate doing this type of stuff it was actually fun like you said...long but fun. Thanks for the comments. I wish I hadn't cut the foot off in the first as well, but for some reason I like it, probably the weird angle. I've just finished editing more...I may post them later.

Looks good! I like the 2nd and 3rd one the best. Mainly the 3rd one! Looks really great! I just did my first real paying shoot too. I think I shall post mine too! :)

I like the angle in forst one :) original and nice :)

Thanks for the comments and the advice, I'll be sure to keep that in mind for the next shoot...if there is another one ever :)

Make business cards. :)

www.clubflyers.com You can order 5,000 cards for $100. Full color, glossy, both sides.

Put your favorite picture on one side, and your information on the other side, perhaps with a logo.

Just an idea. ;-) It helped me get the 7 or so sessions I got last year.

Most reactions

Back