Senior Session

crimbfighter

TPF Supporters
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I shot a senior session a couple weeks ago and just finished up the edits. It was a difficult session. The girl was very much an introvert, so her mom worked at bringing her out of her shell, very well I might add. These were my favorites.

Danica Crooks Seniors 2018 (7).jpg

Danica Crooks Seniors 2018 (17).jpg

Danica Crooks Seniors 2018 (28).jpg

Danica Crooks Seniors 2018 (34).jpg

Danica Crooks Seniors 2018 (53).jpg

Danica Crooks Seniors 2018 (56).jpg

Danica Crooks Seniors 2018 (71).jpg

Danica Crooks Seniors 2018 (74).jpg

Nice set; one thing I notice is that she appears to be what I refer to as a 'natural squinter', that is, someone whose eyes are normally more 'closed' position that average. As my clientele is primarily seniors (citizens), I see this a lot. A technique I use to get a bit more eye visible is to ask the client to force theirs eyes open as wide as they can, as if in surprise, and hold them there until I tell to relax; as soon as I say, 'Relax' I shoot. It usually takes a few minutes to get the technique dialed in as everyone has a different speed at which they relax, but it usually produces a portrait with more visible eye, but which appears normal and not forced.

Nice set; one thing I notice is that she appears to be what I refer to as a 'natural squinter', that is, someone whose eyes are normally more 'closed' position that average. As my clientele is primarily seniors (citizens), I see this a lot. A technique I use to get a bit more eye visible is to ask the client to force theirs eyes open as wide as they can, as if in surprise, and hold them there until I tell to relax; as soon as I say, 'Relax' I shoot. It usually takes a few minutes to get the technique dialed in as everyone has a different speed at which they relax, but it usually produces a portrait with more visible eye, but which appears normal and not forced.

Thanks for the suggestion! I've struggled with how to get people who squint to open their eyes. I'll keep this in mind next time run into it!

Some lovely shots.

Nice set - she looks relaxed and happy!

Lovely Set, 7 Was My Fav...

Most reactions

Back