The_Traveler

Completely Counter-dependent
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Website
www.lewlortonphoto.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I understand when people post a series of pictures about an event or thing where the individual pictures are saying something explicit and definite and different.

That makes sense to me.

When people post a series of pictures that are essentially the same thing, that dilutes the impact of the best one and reduces all of them to a lower common denominator.

Choose a single picture that says the most and is the best and show that.
Post other pictures only if they say or show something different.

If you don't know which one picture is best, the time to start thinking about this is before you post the picture, not when people tell you.

IMO, it's ok to take lots of pictures and then to pick the best later because sometimes it is only the distance in time that allows you to see exactly what you want.

IMO, it is not OK to skip the part of looking hard at what you have made, deciding which one is the best and then refining it.

Imagine taking a single glass of a truly great wine, it will be memorable.

If that glass of wine is only one of a dozen lesser wines, then the impact and the memory will inevitably be dispersed.

IMO, it's ok to take lots of pictures and then to pick the best later because sometimes it is only the distance in time that allows you to see exactly what you want.

IMO, it is not OK to skip the part of looking hard at what you have made, deciding which one is the best and then refining it.

Imagine taking a single glass of a truly great wine, it will be memorable.

If that glass of wine is only one of a dozen lesser wines, then the impact and the memory will inevitably be dispersed.

unless its a wine tasting show...
then the whole point is to taste a dozen or more.

My experience is that usually if there is a series of similar or same pictures then NONE of them is much good. It's kinda like one or two good ones satisfy so you can stop but if none are good you're still hungry so just keep crankin them out...................
I have a lot of series, some quite long, around here!!

Most reactions

Back