Seriously, they won't bite...

TrpnBils

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
I figured putting "Snakes" as the title would send more people away than it would draw in...

I don't know if this is the right forum to post these in considering they are captive animals, but I didn't think it really fit into the "not-so-serious pictures of your pets" forum either, so here goes...

My wife and I breed snakes as a secondary income and a benefit of that is to see all this cool stuff! The first two are green tree pythons that are between 2 weeks and 5 months of age. Once they hit a year or so they'll change over to green. The third is a two year old sub-adult. One down side to this is that all of my shots end up looking the same (same background, same wood props, etc).

Thoughts? Suggestions? Comments?

DSC029792.jpg

February42011004.jpg

December202010031crop.jpg

#1, I'd have used a higher f-stop. My eyes want to see more of the snake in focus. #2, crop out the obviously out-of-focus branch, it seems distracting. #3, GREAT color.I also love how the DOF changes. You get two totally different qualities to the scales. The foreground, out-of-focus looks flatter and smooth, whereas the background green is rough and texturized. Very nice shot.

^ +1
Exactly what he said! Awesome subject.

#3 rocks... would love to see more!

Are you kidding, chondros are one of the most bitey snakes out there....

#3 is great, the others don't do it for me though.

Love #3. #1 just doesn't have enough in focus to grab/keep the attention and #2 has too much dead space.

#3 rocks, though.

Beautiful snakes <3 How long can they be when they grow up?

they average about 5' with males being smaller and females being larger. Although 6' seems quite large, you would never realize it because they spend 99% of their time coiled up in a compact space.

#3 is very good...nice color and composition.

I love the colors in the first, it is just a weird angle to be shooting from.

Most reactions

Back