Set Up A Camera Case in my Apartment

Great collection! My first real camera was a Kodak Instamatic with the cubes.

I wondered why there was film just for taking pictures of babies - interesting(?!) marketing concept!

So are mine, Heidi, practically in every room in the house.

interesting(?!) marketing concept!

Konica was always coming out with crazy types of film. They made a 3200 ASA C-41 color print film. Grain was on par with Fuji 1600. Konica also had a 50 ASA C-41 that had very little grain, RA-4 30x40's looked fantastic.
Side note.....
The film I remember having the biggest grain of all C-41 films was Scotch 1000, made by 3M.

amazing collection.......wholly smokes...

Saw the Miranda lens cap but couldn't see the rest of the camera! None the less you've got a Miranda so you have a great collection. Thanks for sharing!

Where did you find the awesome case? And how do you get in and out of it? (Please don't tell me you have to move the whole thing away from the wall in order to access the contents… but I guess if the purpose is "display," rather than "use," that works just fine.)

I got an Ikea "Billy" bookshelf, with the optional glass shelves and glass doors, but I dare say it doesn't hold as much as yours… not that I have as much to hold…
j4020055-jpg.525186

Wonderful display - albeit a bit busy. Like the way you've mixed in film, boxes and other related things.

Nice Collection! Do you a Voigtlander Vito B camera in there? That was my first 35mm camera, and I still own it today.

amazing collection.......wholly smokes...
Thanks so much. Took 30 years to gather all these and I still have another 1900 or so cameras in storage.

Saw the Miranda lens cap but couldn't see the rest of the camera! None the less you've got a Miranda so you have a great collection. Thanks for sharing!
Yep, good old Miranda, I got that from a photo lab I worked at in the 80's, we used it as a copy camera because the eye prism could be removed and use it like a view camera.

Where did you find the awesome case? And how do you get in and out of it?
Bought the case from another camera shop I worked at in the 90's, cost me $75. And to gain access I made it so the top glass can be removed and you can reach on in there.

Wonderful display - albeit a bit busy. Like the way you've mixed in film, boxes and other related things.
That's my favorite part are all those little photo related items.

Nice Collection! Do you a Voigtlander Vito B camera in there? That was my first 35mm camera, and I still own it today.
I might have one in storage.....but I still shoot with my 6x6 Voigtlander...
YC2FzkD.jpg

I'm not sure I'd ever go to such a clinical s"shop display" approach at home. Personally I find a looser type of display is more pleasing. It's also up to the other half :D

upload_2019-11-19_19-26-22.png

I've not actually photographed my own camera cabinet, this is an out-take from a magazine (Amateur Photographer) shoot for an article on Ilford's Local Darkroom scheme. The camera is a TP Ruby Reflex in excellent working order :D

Photo courtesy of Jon Bently (The Gadget Show).

Ian

Personally I find a looser type of display is more pleasing.

My radio collection is that type of display. Maybe when I buy a house and have more room I'll change it up a bit and have a loose camera display.

I really like this. And boxes of Kodachrome! I miss it. Cool that you have an NHRA sticker, too. I used to photograph the Gator Nationals in Florida years ago. So, of all of these, what's your single favorite camera?

Most reactions

New Topics

Back