Settings for gigs 459D?

stabo

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hello. Only got my 450D a few days ago,still reading the manual. just wondering what the best settings are for doing gigs/niteclub? I have the kit lens and 50mm f1.8. :confused:

i was asking about this, you want your aperture at 1.8 so its fast,

but a reasonably slow shutter speed,

this will give you the focused subjects but give the effect of all the colours and light blurring around them,

else fast shutter and aperture if your dont want the light blur

Cheers Rogan. Whats the best mode to have it in? Any one else have any tips on gig photog?

I would think ap mode (apature priority mode) should be the best - but I am not a gig photographer.
After that I would spend a lot of time practising with RAW mode - as with the lighting in gigs I suspect you will be needing as much control over the shots in post production as you can. The down side is that RAW mode will eat up your memory space fast - really fast. However pop onto amazon and memory cards are very cheap to get - I recomend getting at least a few 4gb cards.

Yeah i got two 1gigs. I could do with a 2gig aswell. Cheers for your help.

Very nice links there Mike!
Also, as you say you have only just got the camera and are (I am assuming) starting out in photography there is the whole area of post processing to face as well:
http://www.ronbigelow.com/articles/articles.htm
some very detailed and yet understandable info on a whole range of post processing techniques - also don't think that you must have photoshop to get good results - GIMP (free) and photoshop elements have very powerful editing software at a more firendly level of cost then full photoshop

Most reactions

New Topics

Back