Setup for pics of house

Milhouse

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I am putting my house up for sale and need to take some pictures of it. I have been on MLS and some of the pictures are quite sad. I want my pictures to stand out from the rest. An example of the type of pictures that I want to take can be found on Duproprio.com. This is a listing site, where they send a professional to take pictures of your house. The pictures are quite stunning. I am looking for any tips to get quality pics.

Currently I do not own any type of lighting equipment. I don't mind buying something, but it would have to be something universal and inexpensive. What time of day would be best for natural lighting? I have some rooms that get direct sunlight and others that only get indirect lighting.

Aside from lighting, I need help with everything else, best camera settings, camera position/angles.

As I am still in the repair and staging process, I have not taken any test shots. My last question is would HDR produce pictures that pop for this application, or would they look cartoonish?

Thanks in advance.

I will try to post some of my pics, once I finally get a chance to take them.

Thanks. There is a lot of info there, just what I was looking for.

Most reactions

Back