Seven Day Sonnet - Harddrive Tour 2011

e.rose

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Website
www.emilymcgonigle.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Sooooooooo... finally made it to band TWO out of 5 from the shows I shot in April. :biglaugh:

It's been a hectic few months for me... I had to keep putting off editing these (and the other still unedited ones) for other priorities and shoots.

But... this is the second installment. (The first was Emphatic for anyone curious :lol: )

This is Second Day Sonnet...

Unfortunately their drummer was BURIED behind his drum set... there were *literally* no angles at which I could shoot to get him. You could barely see his head through all his cymbals, and the drum riser was ridiculously high.

I shot two nights... one at the Croc Rock in Allentown and one at The Note in... where is that? West Chester? But unfortunately Seven Day Sonnet was off the tour by the time the Note show came about 4 days later, so I couldn't grab shots that I missed the first time around like I could with the other bands.

ANYWAY...

Here's a few of them... as always, C&C is welcome.

6060041889_0927ae7492_z.jpg

6060038221_ee20452ddd_z.jpg

6060587724_8dcce1a8b6_z.jpg

6060594836_962aa629f8_z.jpg

6060595848_682a4f9388_z.jpg

6060590696_9e36e3da26_z.jpg

6060038709_7463b3bb94_z.jpg

6060588100_2942838616_z.jpg

And I wasn't really sure how I felt about the motion blur in this one. Part of me likes it... and part of me... isn't... sure... :lol: So I thought I'd post it to see if anyone had any particular thoughts about it.

6060590134_08ee9fdb15_z.jpg

You can see the full set here if you're curious: http://www.flickr.com/photos/erose86/sets/72157627348193565/

An area of photography in which I have zero experience, and, I'm guessing not a group that is likely to make it onto my personal playlist, but they look like good images. On the with the motion blur? :thumbdown:

An area of photography in which I have zero experience, and, I'm guessing not a group that is likely to make it onto my personal playlist, but they look like good images. On the with the motion blur? :thumbdown:

Haha, thanks for the feedback :sillysmi:

Having taken a lot of not so good pictures a metal concerts I feel like the motion blur shows and adds intensity to the photograph... I think it may be one of those personal preference things tho. But knowing about headbanging sessions I'm very biased! Lol I always love your shots tho! Kudos and have fun on tour!

Having taken a lot of not so good pictures a metal concerts I feel like the motion blur shows and adds intensity to the photograph... I think it may be one of those personal preference things tho. But knowing about headbanging sessions I'm very biased! Lol I always love your shots tho! Kudos and have fun on tour!

Thanks! :sillysmi:

The reds are out of gamut a little bit on #5. Other than that, nice set.

Are the reds really that dominant or is your WB way off?

I think the B&W conversions work much better. If I took #9 it would be in the trash can but your environment is much different than mine. To me, it looks like a noise factory - sorry.

Are the reds really that dominant or is your WB way off?

I think the B&W conversions work much better. If I took #9 it would be in the trash can but your environment is much different than mine. To me, it looks like a noise factory - sorry.

Red lights are always a pain in the ass to photograph... especially when it's the dominate color lighting the stage. They're always the first to clip in the RGB histogram... and when that happens the image itself might still be underexposed. It was a hard venue to shoot... it really wasn't all that bright, unfortunately.

I hate red lights.

I don't know any concert photographer that doesn't. :lol:

Thanks for your feedback! And don't apologize for having an opinion... it's a valid one. :sexywink:

Most reactions

Back