shadow problems

Bethie24

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
I have been attempting to take some pictures of my husband and son on the basketball court. Every picture that I take inside the gymnasium has a shadow behind it. What can I do to fix this problem? Please help me!!!!

what is your lighting situation other than just the overhead lights?

Welcome to the forum.

What camera & flash do you have? Can you post an example photo?

If you use a flash, your subjects will cast a shadow. If you can use an off camera flash and move it above the camera, the shadows will be cast lower and may be less noticeable. Also, If you move your subjects farther away from the background/wall...the shadows behind them will start to disappear.

My camera is a minolta stsi. I am just using the standard flash that came with the camera. I can post a photo, but this is the first time I have ever used this site, so I really don't know where to go to post it.

Bethie24 said:
My camera is a minolta stsi. I am just using the standard flash that came with the camera. I can post a photo, but this is the first time I have ever used this site, so I really don't know where to go to post it.

To learn about posting photos...read this ... Although, I suggest www.photobucket.com as a hosting site.

Without seeing your shadow problem, it's hard to offer any more advice.

0.jpg

the advice that mike gave is pretty much your best bet. if he had not already suggested that, i would have tried to explain myself along the same lines (i'm not very good at explaining how i do things though, so thank goodness he said it first!)

oh, yeah. i always have a hard time posting photos too. doesnt work for me either.

You have the right idea but the photo must be uploaded to a hosting site first. Jump over to www.photobucket.com and sign up...it's free. Then you can upload your photos there. One the photos are there, you can copy the URL and use it to post your image onto this forum. It seems like a hassle but once you get used to it...it's pretty easy.

Most reactions

Back