Share your addictions and minor things you just HAVE to do

I think I share this with others, but that might be wishful thinking!

I have a small anxiety attack when I close my car door with my windows up. I am constantly absentminded, and have left my keys in my car one too many times. I had to walk home once from a clients house, 6 miles, because no one was awake at the time!

E.Rose, ladies and gentlemen...
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Lord, I'm all KINDS of crazy.

I'm addicted to the internet... so now that I have an iPhone it's even worse. If I hear a notification I can't NOT check it. Even if I don't respond to whatever the notification is telling me, I still have to at LEAST see what it says.

I "swallow air" when I'm hungry. I don't know what else to call it... or really how to describe it... but I always manage to give myself gas if I don't eat soon after I realize I'm hungry. Not SMELLY gas... cause it's just actually *air*... but still. :lol: I don't know when or why I started that... :lol:

If I have headphones on and a quicker song comes on it's really hard for me to walk off-beat.

I, too, fold toilet paper.

I wash my apples with dish soap.

Speaking of Apples... I like apples and not apple juice... apple pie is just okay from time to time.

I hate cranberries but love cranberry juice. I'm not a fan of any sort of deli meat (aside from Turkey) in a "normal sandwich" but I love it in the form of a sub or hoagie.

I hate eating meat ON the bone, but I'll eat boneless meat until I stuff myself silly.

If I have to eat meat on the bone, I won't eat it down TO the bone.

I can't stand sticky/mess hands or mouth while eating... even if it's something that's expected to be messy... I wipe both my hands and mouth after every bite of something messy. I go through a lot of napkins. :lol:

I hate people looking at me when I'm brushing my teeth.

I hate watching other people brush their teeth.

I wrap a fresh wad of toilet paper around the head of my toothbrush when I'm done with it. Why don't I just use a toothbrush case? They gross me out...

EDIT: Breaking Bad. I'm grossly addicted to Breaking Bad. :biggrin:

I am left handed, but right eye dominant. This is tricky when shooting handguns.

I'm right handed... right eye dominant... but I photograph with my left eye.

Is that weird? :lol:

- I bite the inside of my chin, like in really twisting my mouth to get to those hard-to-reach-deep places

Oooooh.. yep. Me too.

That's actually coupled with the "swallowing air" thing that I do.

I have scars on the inside of both cheeks from biting so much. :shock:

I talk to myself if I'm alone and no one can hear me..

I talk to myself AAAAAAAAALLLLLLLL the time, when I'm alone.

Sometimes people hear me. :lol:

Keith will come in sometimes and go "Who the hell are you talking to?!" :lol: Like just then... I just did it. I literally said "Who the hell are you talking to" out loud.

Which brings me to my next point... when I'm typing stuff out, sometimes I repeat what it is that I'm typing... or *reading* for that matter... especially if I think it's funny.

Chances are if you see me posting... I've talked out loud regarding the posts I'm responding to and/or what I'm writing at least 9 out of the 10 times. :lol:

I also get really bad anxiety. Most of the time for no reason. It's really a pain in the ass.

A lot of people don't realize I have it as bad as I do though, because I'm really good at hiding it in public... however that makes it worse for Keith to deal with later, haha.

paul85224 said:
Or better yet, stick Chips A Hoy cookies in the microwave for 20 seconds so they have that "Fresh Out of the Oven" taste......

I like my chocolate chip cookies like I like my men... Hard.

:biglaugh:

(I may have been drinking a little :lol: )

I almost always have to have something 'on' in the background to get any work done. I listen to sport talk radio most of the day and always have the TV on when editing photos etc.

Me too. When I'm shooting alone music is *always* on.

When I'm shooting with a model music is *always* on, but I let them pick what we listen to.

When I'm editing I always have either the TV or music on... but I find I'm MUCH more productive listening to music than I am watching TV while editing :lol:

I fall asleep to the TV too.

6. I'm an insomniac. All that damn counting!

Me too... but it's not from counting. My friggin' brain just won't turn off. :lol:

8. Both my ears are pierced but I haven't worn earrings in years.

Me too, haha.

I'm addicted to hot tea. I'm learning a new love of loose tea leaves, and the many combinations I can create.

This is my husband, haha. He got me into them but I'm still not as obsessed with tea as he is... Loose leafs, specifically.

He hath dubbed himself the "Tea Alchemist". :lmao:

Here's another one... because I caught myself doing it 3 times now...

When you see me write something like ::smacks forehead:: Chances are I'll actually do it after typing it out while sitting here. :lol:

I keep thinking about more hahaha.

I used to have really bad social anxiety in certain situations, but I was really good at hiding it. For example... all I had to do was literally walk into a mall and my body temperature would rise and I'd start sweating. I wasn't *dripping* sweat, I'd just sweat under my arms, but I'd still sweat (if I happened to not put deodorant on that day. I don't always wear it. I don't always need it... I'm not particularly smelly that way. :lol: ). I eventually (recently) grew out of that though. It still happens in certain *other* situations... but not when I go to the mall anymore. I'm at the point when I realize that all the decked out, dressed up, 16 year olds aren't my peers anymore. Everyone else there my age is in sweats... and even if they're not, I just stopped giving a sh*t. :lol:

When I pass/hit ( :( ) dead animals on the road I convulse a little. Not like, seizure style, but it's a little more violent than just a shiver. I don't know why that happens. Sometimes I can feel it coming on and I try to suppress it, but I never can.

I'm ALWAYS cold. Always.

I hate milk, but certain foods make me crave it: Cake and cookies in particular. I'll also have it with cereal. I WON'T drink it at all if it's not 2% though. Anything less is too watery and anything more is too milky.

I like scrambled eggs, but I won't eat them if they were made in a restaurant. I have to eat them at home and make them myself.

I am severely addicted to bacon.

Sometimes I get a french manicure... and by the time I get home, I'm wondering why I did it because I HATE having long nails and all I want to do is rip them off... but I make myself keep them for at least 2 weeks because I paid for them. (I finally just cut mine off today from the last time I got them on, and I probably won't do it again until April 2012. :lol: )

I cut off my acrylics. I refuse to pay $10 to someone to get them removed. So what if it hurts a little and my fingernails look like sh*t for the next 3 weeks? The removal was free. :lmao:

I don't like going to places I've never been to alone. There's a photo fest happening in Bethlehem in about 45 minutes and I thought about going, but Keith bailed out on me and I have no one else to ask. If it was an outdoor thing like Musikfest, I would probably go, but the part I was thinking about going to happens inside the art center, which I've never been to. I think it goes back to my social anxiety... I hate roaming around places looking like a lost idiot, so I prefer to do it with someone.

It's another reason I've never actually gone to a photo club meeting like I've been meaning to for the past year.

I'll go to places I've never been to alone if I HAVE to... but if it's an option, I'll often chicken out. Once I've been there once, I have no issues going back alone after that.

Summary: farts, sweats, drinks and falls asleep in front of TV :lmao:

I think it's about time you start on your cat stuff :D

Don't ever try this stuff then.... Hickory Smoked Country Bacon Sliced 1 lb. pkg.-Fathers Country Hams or your addiction will sky rocket! :) I LOVE bacon.. and this is the best I have ever had!

EDIT: That reminds me.. time to order some! lol!

See? I really did order some! lol! (don't think I ever quoted myself before! Is that like talking to yourself? :) )

bacon.jpg

I used to have really bad social anxiety in certain situations, but I was really good at hiding it. For example..

When I pass/hit ( :( ) dead animals on the road I convulse a little. Not like, seizure style, but it's a little more violent than just a shiver. I don't know why that happens. Sometimes I can feel it coming on and I try to suppress it, but I never can.

I'm ALWAYS cold. Always.

I like scrambled eggs, but I won't eat them if they were made in a restaurant. I have to eat them at home and make them myself.

I don't like going to places I've never been to alone.
It's another reason I've never actually gone to a photo club meeting like I've been meaning to for the past year.

I'm starting to think you may just be a much younger version of ME. I would highly suggest you get intensive therapy before you become the "this age" version of ME... :lmao:
I detest the cold soooo much, so very, very much. I often wonder, by about January, whether I am going to survive another winter--and I live in the South!! Just not south enough! This year, I am *already* over the cold. That is not a good sign.

A Bacon story--My youngest son decided several years ago to become a vegetarian (he's now gone even further off the deep end and is a vegan). He was never really a BIG meat eater, so it wasn't that surprising. My oldest son--who practically worships meat--decided that he must bring balance back into the world by eating all the meat that his "little" bro (though "little" bro is about 6'8" so that's a bit of a misnomer) refused to consume. So he made a New Year's Resolution: To eat his weight in bacon over the course of the year. He fell short, but he kept that resolution far, far longer than I've ever kept most of mine!

EDIT: Oh, and the passing dead animals thing? If I have to run over one that's already dead, even if my tires don't actually hit it, I immediately get a very vivid mental image of how the animal was hit in the first place and I feel so nauseous I almost can't drive. Depending on how bad the animal was, this can last for a minute or two, or I can still be thinking about it an hour later.

And yes, I *have* passed on many of my, err, "endearing little quirks" to my offspring. ;)

Last edited:
I'm sorry, obsessions to bacon don't belong in this thread....LOL The only way bacon should be commented on is if you hate it!! :lol: I'm guessing most people have some obsession w/ bacon!! I KNOW I DO!!!

Last edited:
Bacon is so wrong....in so many ways.

Wow, you guys are weird...

Well, for me, I hate bacon...If I'm at Ihop or some place that gets me two sausage and two bacon, I always substitute the bacon.

I hate onions. I will always send my food back if there are onions. Sometimes, I'll just return the food and tell them not to bother bringing me anything else. I'll go hungry out of principle. I asked for no onions...there shouldn't be onions. On the other hand, I do like onions on McDonalds burgers. I still order them without onions just so they have to make it fresh.

I hate decorative stuff on my plates. So, along with onions, I ask for no green stuff. Hate cilantro, hate parsley, hate other green stuff. I think some of that comes from my hatred of onions. Onions are tricky little freaks of nature. Sometimes they are green and I don't recognize them and they trick me into eating them when I didn't want to. I have found the easiest solution is to add 'no onions and no green stuff' to every order I make.

I can't do arts and crafts, whittle, or pretty much anything that involves cutting things precisely. I will inevitebly notice a slight variation and try to correct it. I swear, if I started out making a baseball bat, I would end up with a toothpick.

I think I've just about worn a hole in the spot where they should have put the brake pedal on the passenger side of my wife's car. It baffles, confuses, and scares me a bit to see somebody speeding up to get to a redlight or traffic. We're obviously about to stop. I fail to understand how it makes sense to continue pressing the gas pedal.

I love to work hard, but I absolutely hate working harder than necessary. It pains me to see things done inefficiently...like literally, I would rather spend 2 hours doing something completely by myself than spend an hour working with 4 people who are making things harder than they have to be.

I like miniature objects.

I always have my car's sun visor down.

I don't own any underwear.

I wear flip flops even in the winter.

When I laugh hard I plant my face into something and don't make any noise.

When I leave a public bathroom I use a paper towel to open the door.

Compaq said:

:biglaugh:

I LITERALLY laughed out loud... The problem is I'm sitting at a bar alone so I'm pretty sure everyone now things I'm out of my mind. XD

Compaq said:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'd also like to add:

And they said I was just making up the fact that I'm "one of the guys"! :lol:

A few random quirks about me:

-I am obsessed...no really...obsessed with Hot and sour soup. I can tell the quality of the food by walking in and looking at the color and viscosity of the soup. I have never been wrong.
-My drink of choice is iced tea. I shutter at the thought of Snapple or teas that come in plastic bottles. Lipton Pure Leaf in the bottle. Sweetened. You can actually taste the tea leaf.
-I wash behind my ears 2 to 3 times a day (aside from showering)
-I get really paranoid that I left my alarm clock on and it will go off all day and annoy my neighbors. I've faked an excuse to leave work to go home and check that it is off.
-On the subject of alarm clocks; I have to click the alarm "on" button up and down for seven clicks and must say in my head as I do it: "one and two and three and four". If the final click doesn't feel like it really "clicked" I must start over. I'm 38. I've been doing this since I was 9. I have the same alarm clock. :lol:

I think that's all I'll divulge for now.

I used to have really bad social anxiety in certain situations, but I was really good at hiding it. For example... all I had to do was literally walk into a mall and my body temperature would rise and I'd start sweating. I wasn't *dripping* sweat, I'd just sweat under my arms, but I'd still sweat (if I happened to not put deodorant on that day. I don't always wear it. I don't always need it... I'm not particularly smelly that way. :lol: ). I eventually (recently) grew out of that though. It still happens in certain *other* situations... but not when I go to the mall anymore. I'm at the point when I realize that all the decked out, dressed up, 16 year olds aren't my peers anymore. Everyone else there my age is in sweats... and even if they're not, I just stopped giving a sh*t. :lol:

I'm ALWAYS cold. Always.

I hate milk, but certain foods make me crave it: Cake and cookies in particular. I'll also have it with cereal. I WON'T drink it at all if it's not 2% though. Anything less is too watery and anything more is too milky.

Sometimes I get a french manicure... and by the time I get home, I'm wondering why I did it because I HATE having long nails and all I want to do is rip them off... but I make myself keep them for at least 2 weeks because I paid for them. (I finally just cut mine off today from the last time I got them on, and I probably won't do it again until April 2012. :lol: )

I cut off my acrylics. I refuse to pay $10 to someone to get them removed. So what if it hurts a little and my fingernails look like sh*t for the next 3 weeks? The removal was free. :lmao:

I don't like going to places I've never been to alone. There's a photo fest happening in Bethlehem in about 45 minutes and I thought about going, but Keith bailed out on me and I have no one else to ask. If it was an outdoor thing like Musikfest, I would probably go, but the part I was thinking about going to happens inside the art center, which I've never been to. I think it goes back to my social anxiety... I hate roaming around places looking like a lost idiot, so I prefer to do it with someone.

I'll go to places I've never been to alone if I HAVE to... but if it's an option, I'll often chicken out. Once I've been there once, I have no issues going back alone after that.

You sound so much like me it's scary. Except for the nails part, I love having long nails and tapping them on stuff :)

Alright, alright.. I'm in on this one.

-I love coffee, and have to have it every morning--you don't want to see me without caffeine.
-TV shows of choice: Daily Show With Jon Stewart, Colbert Report, It's Always Sunny, Dexter, 30 Rock--but I never catch them on their original air time.
-I need to have music on in my office, otherwise I'll go crazy with the sounds of keys tapping or anything else that I'm working on.
-I love to bake, but I don't eat (really anything) that I make! The boyfriend and other males in my life will always be adorned with baked goods.
-I kind of hate driving, mostly because it forces me to trust other morons on the road. Doesn't help that I live in a college town where half the population is in school, the other half is in the retirement home--and still on the road.
-Margaritas
-Star Wars (I just bought a Yoda Christmas tree topper the other day! ha)
-I'm always freakin' cold! :lol:

I like flinging bacon at the guy in the cubicle next to me.

Most reactions

Back