Share your strap!

I will say that the other day while out with my black rapid I went to put my camera down and it wasn't attached. Scary to say the least bit luckily I noticed!! It was the first incident in like 3 years since I've had the strap. When I first got it I put some lock-tight on it, time to reapply!
Where are you using Loc-tite Paige?
I put it where the rapid strap screws in, on the tripod mount thing. Its the loc-tite that isn't permanant. ...
What happens when you want to use a tripod????
I unscrew it all the time! I switch between my money maker strap at least once a week for sessions (that has a safety strap luckily) and I use a tripod too occasionally. It isn't permanent, just grippier. I just put more on when I took that photo.

I use the Black Rapid yeti. It's great for short days with 2 cameras, yet can get a little rough on the shoulder if I'm shooting an 8 hour day, or several long days in a row.

I will say that the other day while out with my black rapid I went to put my camera down and it wasn't attached. Scary to say the least bit luckily I noticed!! It was the first incident in like 3 years since I've had the strap. When I first got it I put some lock-tight on it, time to reapply!
Where are you using Loc-tite Paige?
I put it where the rapid strap screws in, on the tripod mount thing. Its the loc-tite that isn't permanant. ...
What happens when you want to use a tripod????
I unscrew it all the time! I switch between my money maker strap at least once a week for sessions (that has a safety strap luckily) and I use a tripod too occasionally. It isn't permanent, just grippier. I just put more on when I took that photo.
Suggestion: Use a wrap or two of teflon tape (the thin, white tape used on plumbing threads) instead; purple Loc-tite will attract dust and grit, and isn't really meant for an application like that.

My strap is a handcrafted platted leather strap makes the Leica look even better

Last edited:
I have this one - Amazon.com : Rapid Fire Quick Release Sling Shoulder Neck Strap by Altura Photo for DSLR Camera (For Canon Nikon Sony Olympus Pentax and More) : Camera And Optics Carrying Straps : Camera & Photo

I like it because it has an extra screw entry on the bottom so I can mount it to a tripod without taking off the strap.

20151203_115652-2.jpg
20151203_115641-2.jpg

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
I use a Black Rapid sling type strap. But... one thing that bothered me about it was the bolt that has to be attached to the tripod socket -- displacing the "quick release" plate for the tripod. Now I don't know about anyone else, but I'm thinking that if I have to detach my "quick release" plate to attach a sling-strap bolt to shoot with the camera on the strap, but then have to remove the bolt and re-attach the "quick release" plate to shoot on a tripod, then what exactly is so "quick" about a "quick release" plate?

And then I discovered that Black Rapid makes this little gem: BlackRapid: Acratech

Assuming you use Arca-Swiss type dovetail quick release plates (I do) this allows you to leave the plate on your camera or lens foot at all times and just lock into the strap -- quickly going from strap to tripod and never removing the plate. They have some other options as well.

From time to time I'll hear people say that a camera is "too heavy". I suspect it isn't that the photographer doesn't have enough muscle strength to pick up the camera... but rather that the camera strap is painful on their neck due to the weight of the camera & lens. In other words...what they probably really need is a better way to carry their camera.

I use a Black Rapid sling type strap. But... one thing that bothered me about it was the bolt that has to be attached to the tripod socket -- displacing the "quick release" plate for the tripod. Now I don't know about anyone else, but I'm thinking that if I have to detach my "quick release" plate to attach a sling-strap bolt to shoot with the camera on the strap, but then have to remove the bolt and re-attach the "quick release" plate to shoot on a tripod, then what exactly is so "quick" about a "quick release" plate?

And then I discovered that Black Rapid makes this little gem: BlackRapid: Acratech

Assuming you use Arca-Swiss type dovetail quick release plates (I do) this allows you to leave the plate on your camera or lens foot at all times and just lock into the strap -- quickly going from strap to tripod and never removing the plate. They have some other options as well.

From time to time I'll hear people say that a camera is "too heavy". I suspect it isn't that the photographer doesn't have enough muscle strength to pick up the camera... but rather that the camera strap is painful on their neck due to the weight of the camera & lens. In other words...what they probably really need is a better way to carry their camera.
Rather than attach the camera strap to the botttom, you can use an OpTech utility loop to attach it at the strap lug. Then you don't need to worry about taking off the tripod plate or using a lever clamp that can be knocked loose. You can leave the strap attached at all times. I used that method with my BR and an L bracket with on issues for years. Now with the Luma Cinch and Peak Slide it's not an issue as they use their own attachment hardware that doesn't get in the way of the tripod mount.

Instead of using locktite, just put a bit of spit on the rubber grommet before you tighten it down. It is actually what BR recommend and it works quite well.

So I just got the Op/Tech Super Classic Strap and I'm really surprised how gripy the rubber is. Which sucks because I wanted to use it as a sling style strap...but I just flipped the strap over so the rubber is on top instead and now the strap slides really easy up and down. I know its not how Op/Tech intended for this strap to be used as, but it works really well that way.

However...the amount of research I have done on camera straps I missed one strap that B&H sells, DSPTCH Heavy Camera Sling Strap...for $46. Its really tempting to return this Op/Tech strap and pick up the DSPTCH.

Finding the right strap is such a task...

I hate standard straps and have previously used a black rapid knock off at times. But I have mostly just used a Camdapter hand strap which is very nice. Excellent quality leather and base plate is arca swiss compatible (other available too) so it doesn't need to come off to go on my tripod. Here it is on my Pentax K-3. It is now on my D810.

But I am very soon going to place an order for a Money Maker. I just can't make up my mind which style I want.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back