Sharing my thoughts and feeling about moving from APS-C (Crop Sensor) to Full Frame camera

I'm pretty sure there are really good adapters now for the Fuji system to get you into Leica glass, though that's a rabbit hole I haven't personally ventured down yet.

According to Zack Arias, there will probably be a Fuji X-Pro II, though it's hard to tell if that's his own wishful thinking or "secret info" from Fuji.

FUJI have their own M mount adapter for Leica lenses.

FUJIFILM M MOUNT ADAPTER Compatibility Chart Fujifilm Global
Yes I know but my lenses would not be the same as on my Leica's 28 and 35 would not be wide enough I like to get close
I have Zeiss lenses for my Fuji's, 12mm, 32mm and 50mm macro. They have Fuji mounts and will AF/AE. They are no sharper than my Fujinon 14mm, 35mm and 60mm macro lenses ... but they are Zeiss.

Zeiss is neiss. But the proce has gone up considerably. Is there any difference in autofocusing speed with FUJINON vs Zeiss ?
The 32mm is a tad faster AF than the 35mm and the 50mm significantly hunts less than the 60mm, the 50mm internally focuses and is a true macro (1x magnification), while the 60mm's front lens group extends for focus and has only .5x magnification. The 14mm and 12mm are pretty equal in all ways with the exception that the 12mm is wider and two millimeters makes a difference at those focal lengths.

Personally, the biggest difference for me, I just prefer the Zeiss lettering over the Fujinon font, (yes, I am that shallow).

Okay two differences, I dumped the 14mm in favor of the 12mm because the 12mm was wider and I dump the 60mm because of the 1x magnification over the .5x. Fujinon are slightly wider aperture wise, but those differences are insignificant for how I shoot and what I shoot and Fuji's wonderful high ISO capabilities.

Yes, Zeiss glass looks supercool. I was not certain what I needed on the wide front and bought 10-24 mm f/4 .
Rarely use it thought. My fav now is 27 mm pancake ( it is tiny) + 18 mm Ricoh in the bag. Both are great lenses, crazy sharp.
The Zeiss 55mm for the Sony A7 is said to one of the best on the market next to the Opus

It's great that the Fuji fans can come in find a place to take over and start talking about their APS-C pets in a guy's thread about full-frame. It's great that these guys feel good about their decision to go with APS-C cameras!
Better than reading all the crap the Nikon fanboys write

It's great that the Fuji fans can come in find a place to take over and start talking about their APS-C pets in a guy's thread about full-frame. It's great that these guys feel good about their decision to go with APS-C cameras!

That is because fan boys talk about cameras and true shooters talk about lenses :playful:

And true photographers talk about pictures.

Most reactions

Back