Sharing my thoughts and feeling about moving from APS-C (Crop Sensor) to Full Frame camera

One thing nobody has mention when shooting in low light is viewfinder brightness and coverage how does the Fuji and Nikon compare because I know my camera would win on both
well, Fuji's are an EVF, so how bright it is mostly depends on how bright you want it to be, except for the X100T and X-Pro, which have hybrid OVF/EVF rangefinder-style viewfinders and they're both really bright, because they don't involve a mirror or prism to dim things down. Looking through the X100T's viewfinder, it's perfectly bright because it's just going through a single lens element. It's literally as bright as however bright the ambient light is. I think the Fuji OVFs are just as bright as a Leica or any other range finder and they have greater than 100% OVF coverage, they also have a live parallax correction frame for close focusing with the OVF.

Every Leica lover I've ever seen has adored the X100T's OVF.
I was going to buy an xpro 1 but bought the Sony A7 and Voigtlander close focus adapter for my Leica fit lenses
I'm pretty sure there are really good adapters now for the Fuji system to get you into Leica glass, though that's a rabbit hole I haven't personally ventured down yet.

According to Zack Arias, there will probably be a Fuji X-Pro II, though it's hard to tell if that's his own wishful thinking or "secret info" from Fuji.

FUJI have their own M mount adapter for Leica lenses.

FUJIFILM M MOUNT ADAPTER Compatibility Chart Fujifilm Global

One thing nobody has mention when shooting in low light is viewfinder brightness and coverage how does the Fuji and Nikon compare because I know my camera would win on both
well, Fuji's are an EVF, so how bright it is mostly depends on how bright you want it to be, except for the X100T and X-Pro, which have hybrid OVF/EVF rangefinder-style viewfinders and they're both really bright, because they don't involve a mirror or prism to dim things down. Looking through the X100T's viewfinder, it's perfectly bright because it's just going through a single lens element. It's literally as bright as however bright the ambient light is. I think the Fuji OVFs are just as bright as a Leica or any other range finder and they have greater than 100% OVF coverage, they also have a live parallax correction frame for close focusing with the OVF.

I was going to buy an xpro 1 but bought the Sony A7 and Voigtlander close focus adapter for my Leica fit lenses
I'm pretty sure there are really good adapters now for the Fuji system to get you into Leica glass, though that's a rabbit hole I haven't personally ventured down yet.

According to Zack Arias, there will probably be a Fuji X-Pro II, though it's hard to tell if that's his own wishful thinking or "secret info" from Fuji.

Yes I know but my lenses would not be the same as on my Leica's 28 and 35 would not be wide enough I like to get close

Yes I know but my lenses would not be the same as on my Leica's 28 and 35 would not be wide enough I like to get close
yeah, that's part of why I think it's a good idea to just stick to the Fuji lenses if you go Fuji. The focal ranges on FF lenses aren't always good matches. They're specifically engineered and the optics are pretty incredible anyway.

yeah, that's part of why I think it's a good idea to just stick to the Fuji lenses if you go Fuji. The focal ranges on FF lenses aren't always good matches. They're specifically engineered and the optics are pretty incredible anyway.
Thats no good for me I don't want to carry loads of lenses all I carry is 28,35 and 50, I sold all my Canon gear because I would carry 24-70f2.8, 50f1.4, 70-200f4, 300F2.8

Thats no good for me I don't want to carry loads of lenses all I carry is 28,35 and 50, I sold all my Canon gear because I would carry 24-70f2.8, 50f1.4, 70-200f4, 300F2.8
I mean I could be fine with a fuji XT1 system just carrying a 14mm, 23mm and 56mm

All that technical stuff aside, because its mostly a lot of fan-speak, I think much of my improvement in going to full frame was due to my increased confidence, because I knew that the equipment was great, and my increased attention because I thought the equipment warranted it.
I knew that the equipment was capable of great work and I was trying hard to measure up to it
I guess that might be considered the placebo effect of equipment..

I have Zeiss lenses for my Fuji's, 12mm, 32mm and 50mm macro. They have Fuji mounts and will AF/AE. They are no sharper than my Fujinon 14mm, 35mm and 60mm macro lenses ... but they are Zeiss.

I have Zeiss lenses for my Fuji's, 12mm, 32mm and 50mm macro. They have Fuji mounts and will AF/AE. They are no sharper than my Fujinon 14mm, 35mm and 60mm macro lenses ... but they are Zeiss.

Zeiss is neiss. But the proce has gone up considerably. Is there any difference in autofocusing speed with FUJINON vs Zeiss ?

Zeiss is neiss. But the proce has gone up considerably. Is there any difference in autofocusing speed with FUJINON vs Zeiss ?
The 32mm is a tad faster AF than the 35mm and the 50mm significantly hunts less than the 60mm, the 50mm internally focuses and is a true macro (1x magnification), while the 60mm's front lens group extends for focus and has only .5x magnification. The 14mm and 12mm are pretty equal in all ways with the exception that the 12mm is wider and two millimeters makes a difference at those focal lengths.

Personally, the biggest difference for me, I just prefer the Zeiss lettering over the Fujinon font, (yes, I am that shallow).

Okay two differences, I dumped the 14mm in favor of the 12mm because the 12mm was wider and I dump the 60mm because of the 1x magnification over the .5x. Fujinon are slightly wider aperture wise, but those differences are insignificant for how I shoot and what I shoot and Fuji's wonderful high ISO capabilities.

Can't believe you missed the opportunity to say "the Zeiss is neiss, but oh my the preiss." SMH.

The 32mm is a tad faster AF than the 35mm and the 50mm significantly hunts less than the 60mm, the 50mm internally focuses and is a true macro (1x magnification), while the 60mm's front lens group extends for focus and has only .5x magnification. The 14mm and 12mm are pretty equal in all ways with the exception that the 12mm is wider and two millimeters makes a difference at those focal lengths.

Personally, the biggest difference for me, I just prefer the Zeiss lettering over the Fujinon font, (yes, I am that shallow).

Okay two differences, I dumped the 14mm in favor of the 12mm because the 12mm was wider and I dump the 60mm because of the 1x magnification over the .5x. Fujinon are slightly wider aperture wise, but those differences are insignificant for how I shoot and what I shoot and Fuji's wonderful high ISO capabilities.

Yes, Zeiss glass looks supercool. I was not certain what I needed on the wide front and bought 10-24 mm f/4 .
Rarely use it thought. My fav now is 27 mm pancake ( it is tiny) + 18 mm Ricoh in the bag. Both are great lenses, crazy sharp.

Rented a Zeiss once with an F mount (85mm 1.4 planar T) to do a senior session (didn't have an 85mm at the time and wanted to try it out anyway). The dad was a Canon guy, and said "yeah, some of those third party lenses are decent these days, but I only let Canon glass on the front of my baby, no use in having such a great camera if you're not going to put great glass up front, right?" I kinda chuckled and just said "yeah, these Zeiss lenses have come a long way, almost on par with a Canon, but I guess maybe they aren't there yet, I don't know, but I like this one well enough." He asked me the exact model name and then I saw him looking at his phone and like 10 minutes later he had this sheepish look and didn't say much, haha.

It's great that the Fuji fans can come in find a place to take over and start talking about their APS-C pets in a guy's thread about full-frame. It's great that these guys feel good about their decision to go with APS-C cameras!

It's great that the Fuji fans can come in find a place to take over and start talking about their APS-C pets in a guy's thread about full-frame. It's great that these guys feel good about their decision to go with APS-C cameras!

That is because fan boys talk about cameras and true shooters talk about lenses :playful:

Most reactions

Back