Sharing New photos and critiques

The-SunDance-Kid

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Hi ,I'm new here haha and am not sure if I should share my photos just yet:confused:. I'm not sure if people will like them or not? Whats the consensous of photo critiques on here? Are people pretty nice and constructive, or stiff & condecending like a camera bit them in the butt:lol:.

best way to find out is to post some pics. or read some of the other c&c threads to see that ppl are really nice and constructive in critique

Also depends on how you present yourself to everyone else. If you're nice and act appropriately then the others will treat you well.

But if you act like a jerk then expect to be treated like a jerk.

Also depends on how you present yourself to everyone else. If you're nice and act appropriately then the others will treat you well.

But if you act like a jerk then expect to be treated like a jerk.
That's a fact.

Posting your images here and listening to and processing critique can gain you a lot of core knowledge that can be INCREDIBLY useful and powerful.

You do, however, have to hang your pride up at the door on the way in.

If you bristle at critique, you won't really be able to listen to it and process it deeply enough to gain anything from it...

You do, also, have to learn to weed out the useful and the not so useful... this is probably the hardest part. Not everyone here has a clue, and not everyone here is right... and the ones who are right, aren't right all the time... and sometimes you just like the image even if everyone pans it, and that's ok too.

Only way to find out for sure, of course, is to post.

Well it depends also what you want. If you want critique then ask for it. But be prepared for some bad comments, if you want help with why something didnt turn out. Please include as much info as possible, such as lens used, aperture, ISO and, the camera you used. People will be glad to help you, this is especially true if you include info.

I haven't posted many photos on here but for the ones that I have posted for C & C nobody has made me break down into tears, but that's because I want the critiques so that I can make my photos better and learn from them. If you go into it with that attitude and expect that people are only telling you the truth for your benefit then they are pretty nice about it : )

This is off the topic a bit, but I have to ask... How does one post photos on here? Is it only by way of url? I pop in and out of another forum and you directly upload from your computer to post pics there. Is there no way to upload directly from the computer here?

Thanks!

This is off the topic a bit, but I have to ask... How does one post photos on here? Is it only by way of url? I pop in and out of another forum and you directly upload from your computer to post pics there. Is there no way to upload directly from the computer here?

Thanks!

i think you need to be a subscriber

Thanks!

You don't have to be a subscriber... I think you have to have 10 posts under your belt or something though. Embed a link in [img ][/img ] tags. (remove those spaces)

Most reactions

Back