Sharp images on Facebook

Keith242

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
What setting should I use when exporting photos from Lightroom for Facebook to get sharp looking images? I tried the 2048 on the long edge settings but the images on facebook still don’t like look the ones I have save in my computer library.

When you upload to facebook it resizes your photos to fit the screen size and dimension limits it has. When it does this the resizing process softens the image. Some online services will sharpen and some won't and whatever is applied is standard so it will work for some photos better than others.

Best you can do is resize and sharpen the photos yourself so that when you upload you are uploading at the size facebook wants and will show them at.

Last edited:
First of all FB is going to squash every photo you upload, so they will never look as good as the image you see on your monitor. Second is your monitor calibrated? If it isn't don't expect your images to look the same. Lastly are you exporting from LR to FB? If so check your settings on the FB link in LR. I rarely load anything on FB over 1200 on the long side and mist times export an image temporarily to desktop then upload through FB

If people hit the "Download" option on Facebook, they can get a nice, HQ image that happens to be 1,904 pixels on the long axis. Of course, when you upload the images to FB, it's imperative that they be uploaded using FB's Upload in High Quality option. So...make your HQ FB upload images 1,904 pixels on the long axis.

Most reactions

Back