Sharpness

YoungPic

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
im not sure if this is the right place for this but here it goes, im having trouble getting sharpness in my shots, theres always just that something missing in them, could this be camera shake, iso, shutter speed, or should i invest into a new lens since i am still using the stock lens that came on my camera. ive tried everything and it seems the only way to get more sharpness in my pictures it to edit them after, but i would like to be able to take a proper picture rather than to make one, some advice would be great.

You are going to have to post some example pictures. There are lots of potential errors to be made by the photographer that will reduce sharpness. It's rarely equipment failure. If everything else is ruled out, then you can look at lens quality and decide if you need something new.

I had the same problem recently and I found that I had not changed the ISO so they were a little grainy and I blame that. Matt is right in that you should post photos for more help.

(BTW Digital Matt- while looking on your posts at your photo- I thought I was looking at Kevin Spacey! LOL)

I had the same problem recently and I found that I had not changed the ISO so they were a little grainy and I blame that. Matt is right in that you should post photos for more help.

(BTW Digital Matt- while looking on your posts at your photo- I thought I was looking at Kevin Spacey! LOL)

Heh, I have been told that before.

heres some examples

CopyofbWcloud.jpg

CopyofPhotography034.jpg

Copyofbench.jpg

sorry if there too big

These are three pictures that will be very hard to get the appearance of being super sharp super sharp. In all 3 the lighting is very soft and the source of light is directly in front of the lens and so there is no low, glancing light that picks up detail and enhances sharpness.

Sorry, looks like you are going to have to get a tripod and shoot some shots of a news paper taped to a wall.

Take as many variations as you can with the camera- zoom, ISO, auto focus and manual and so forth. List all the shots you take and see if there is a pattern. The second shot seems to be focused on the foreground. The first seems too dark to be focused on anything.

BTW, do you or anyone around you smoke? It sort of looks like there is a film on your lens and these are very noisy too.

mike

Most reactions

Back