SharpShooter

Never used one, but it looks pretty cool. Tacticool, too.

My life is now complete.

There are a LOT of support rigs that don't necessarily make your camera look like a rifle... then again, there are several options just in case you DO want your camera to look like a rifle.

Have a gander: DSLR Video Supports & Rigs | B&H Photo Video

Personally I would not want that to my camera in public view, its almost certain to draw attention in the wrong way and then the cops show up.

Personally I would not want that to my camera in public view, its almost certain to draw attention in the wrong way and then the cops show up.
Agreed, in general photography is a passive hobby, you take light in and thats it, I dont enjoy the way it looks like something completly different which is agressive.

They don't look functional to me.

About 3 weeks ago, I actually saw two of them (first time ever) within about 15 minutes of each other.

One guy was getting out of his car parked next to me. His was either an AK47 replica or (my wife thought he said it literally came from an AK47).

The other one we saw, actually had a trigger for the shutter release.

Needless to say, no matter how cool looking they are - I won't be giving anyone an excuse for making a mistake!

Needless to say, no matter how cool looking they are - I won't be giving anyone an excuse for making a mistake!

Yeah, this is like putting antlers on your head walking around the bushes on deer hunting season.

I bought a Bush Hawk several years ago, back when the guy was still selling them out of is garage in La Jolla, California. I think I paid $140.00 for the whole rig:

Bush Hawk

I found that it was pretty useful for shooting motorsports. That said, I probably haven't attached my camera to it in four or five years...

Yeah, this is like putting antlers on your head walking around the bushes on deer hunting season.

Actually or Wabbit ears on Wabbit season :mrgreen:

Personally I can't imagine anyone mistaking a 300mm, camera mounted lens for a rifle (blunderbuss or small canon perhaps), then again I may give the average citizen more credit than is due. I know it's easier to hold steady and on subject when a stock is pulled tight into the pocket just inside of your shoulder and supported forward of the center of balance than it is offhand. From my perspective, maximum support and stability in the field out weigh worries of someone thinking my camera is a rifle.

Well to be sure just paint it white and then people will say oh that's just a canon.:wink:

Well to be sure just paint it white and then people will say oh that's just a canon.:wink:

LOL. People mistaking a camera mounted in this fashion as a canon is what folks are concerned about in the first place.

Looks like it would work very well, but I wouldn't like to be the photographer pointing it at the AH-64 in the sample images:gun:.

Not cheap either, to get one into my grubby little hands here in Australia (apart from the fact it would probably be illegal to import) it would cost the best part of $400 - makes a carbon monopod look cheap:)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back