Shipwreck

MarkA

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Here are a couple of shots I took of The Sovereign that ran aground at Cairnbulg, just south of Fraserburgh on the 18th December 2005.

When it first ran aground it sat pretty much upright and has gradually laid down to die. Most equipment of any value has been taken off, as has diesel and oil. I have heard a rumour that there is to be a makeshift road built to the boat so that it can be craned out.

Unfortunately the weather has been pretty dull here for a while so I had to grin and bear it, hence the sky colour. Here's the results;

wreck1.jpg

wreck2.jpg

I like your subject. :)

I know it's kind of hard to take photos in such a demanding situation. Not sure how to improve on these 2. I like the fact that you included stones in the foreground, on the other hand, I'd choose to take a vertical frame.

I like your subject. :)

I know it's kind of hard to take photos in such a demanding situation. Not sure how to improve on these 2. I like the fact that you included stones in the foreground, on the other hand, I'd choose to take a vertical frame.

Thanks, I will try that next time I go. The problem today was I had to walk out over the stones in a howling gale, set the tripod up quick, take snap & get back to the car before I froze to the spot and turned ==> :(

We had some big howling storm days 3 weeks ago. Enormous damage, I wanted to snap outside but eventually gave up. I think you had courage in braving the gale near the coast. As for the shots, those are candid. :)

wow nice where is this would love to go shoot it if it aint too far :)

i like the second photo better, and i prefer the horizontal format in that one. the only thing these photos are lacking are finer grain and better color contrast- both of which can be fixed with free image-editing software.

i like the second photo better, and i prefer the horizontal format in that one. the only thing these photos are lacking are finer grain and better color contrast- both of which can be fixed with free image-editing software.

Thanks, Myopia. Any suggestion on a good FREE editing software?

Most reactions

Back