Shoot in b&w or convert - advantages?

I need to work with Sliver Efex more. What I would like in it: a pull down menu with all of the Wratten series filters as preset channel mixers. I have a box of Wratten filters, and the data sheets for their spectral response.

Silver EfX software is no longer available.

What makes you think it is no longer available?

The World's Leading Black and White Software
Simply click the "Buy Now" button!

Nik Software Silver Efex Pro Software NIK-5100 B&H Photo Video

LOL umm thats version 1. Version 2 has been out for 2 years now.

The link I gave was for Nik it self NOT a 3rd party store. Click the buy now on Niks website and you buy a licence key and then download the software.

5cm F1.5 Jupiter-3, at F4 on the M Monochrom with a Wratten 25 Red filter;
Same lens at F4 on the M9, converted using Silver Efex 2 using the Red filter at strength 33%. Taken different days so "an example" and not a test.

-[edit] some reading, apparently Silver Efex 2 "auto-analysis" mode adds vignetting as a default. More reading, pointing, and clicking to do. Sonnar formula lenses do a good job of vignetting naturally, no need to emulate it.

Attachments

• $L1000053.jpg
    $L1000053.jpg
    210 KB · Views: 98
  • $L1005472-Edit.jpg
    $L1005472-Edit.jpg
    187.6 KB · Views: 87
Last edited:
Personally i'd never shoot in BW. I'd always want the option to have the same shot in colour. So post conversion for me. From what I've read, the quality of your BW images will be the same if you convert post or shoot in BW on camera. The only difference is you'll be deciding on and doing the conversion where as if set in BW the camera will be doing that conversion in camera for you.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back